No one likes to find insulting or inappropriate comments that can cause moral damage and even more so where millions of users have the ability to read them and even think that what was published in that comment is real.
It is no secret that if we make our lives public to such an extent that our emotions appear; we are exposed to receive offensive comments affecting our image or even the image of a company or a company involved, trying to give it excellent advertising through the YouTube channel.
These offensive comments or opinions cannot be prevented from coming through the network, but we will have the opportunity block them and prevent them from continuing to harm us, and not only that, we also have the right to block a user or channel.
Why is it the obligation of the YT channel owner to block offensive comments?
It is not justified that someone makes destructive criticism or comments that affect your personality and remain contemplating this inappropriate procedure.
That is why it is necessary first of all to inform us about how can we do to block the user This hurts us because the owner of the channel does not have to accept this inappropriate content and allow them to change their well-being.
In addition, it is important to remain emotionally balanced, you must not become the center of defamation, nor in the window or closet of people who want to save all kinds of destructive comments for the channel.
The owner of the channel creates it to be successful and to stand out based on the content he publishes and not to agree with any kind of explosive and destructive criticism; so it must be in your obligation and your own consent block these types of comments.
What happens when we block a user from our YouTube channel?
- If we block a user from our channel, it is impossible to leave written comments on the videos. YouTube will prevent you from leaving anything comment in your videos with that account you will be blocked.
- You will not be able to comment on your channel at that time, logically if you cannot comment, you will not be able to leave any notes on your channel.
- Also, this user will not be able to send you private messages and vice versa.
- Blocking a user damages the score because you won’t have the annotation when you straighten your videos.
- And, although it seems strange or uncertain the user will still be able to watch your videos despite being blocked, this should be a task for YouTube to prevent blocked users from watching videos for added protection.
What’s the procedure for manually blocking YouTube comments?
This procedure will help you block anything inappropriate or offensive comment made by someone who posts on your YouTube video.
From the mobile app
- Open the YouTube app on mobile device.
- If you do not have an active session, you must go back and press the 3 points that will appear and log in, entering your email address and password.
- Go to the video and search for the comment, the video will be searched with that name in the search space by pressing the magnifying glass on your mobile device, if the comment is in one of your videos, press the key «Your profile icon», at the same time, tap My channel and choose the video.
- Go to the desired comment to block and go down to see him.
- Go to the bottom right of the comment you want to delete where this number will appear (⋮), press and you will have the pop-up menu.
- Choose the word «Remove» block commenting on your video.
From the site
You can too block comments from your browser, guiding you through the steps below:
- You need to enter the official YouTube page in your browser, click to start the session where you need to enter your email address and password.
- Go to the video where you want comment block and click my channel at the top of the page.
- See the comment you want to block.
- You will choose «Remove» at Block offensator’s comment.
How do I enable automatic blocking of offensive comments on my YouTube channel?
To enable auto lock a offensive comments you should consider the following steps:
- Start by opening the «YouTube Studio».
- You need to choose the «Content» option, which is on the left side of the menu.
- Click the video thumbnail.
- Go to the «More options» tab.
- Go to «Comments and ratings», choose the settings from the selected comments.
- press «Keep».