Keep in mind that if you use a computer, you may encounter some errors. These can be caused by various causes and may display different warnings on the screen. If you encounter the error, the default gateway is not available, you should know that this can be related to the Internet. Since then, this is thrown away by Windows computers when the router failed to establish a connection.
How can I identify my default gateway in Windows?
If you want to know what the default gateway or IP address is, you just need to follow a few steps. What we will offer you below:
- The first thing you should do is go to the taskbar.
- Then select the ‘Run’.
- When you’re done, enter cmd and click the ‘buttonTo accept’.
- Then write ‘ipconfig / all ‘ and press the Enter key.
- Finally, you will be shown the information you need.
What can I do if I don’t have a default gateway?
The best thing to do if you do not have a default gateway is to identify where the error is coming from. As mentioned earlier, this can be due to a number of factors. Here are the most common:
- You do not have internet access: This is considered the most common cause. Because if a default gateway address is missing, your computer will not have access to the Internet. This may be due to a router failure, as it serves as the default gateway.
- You have an inappropriate configuration: This occurs especially in small networks. Precisely because, in many cases, the device that provides the default gateway is also the device that connects to the internal network. Therefore, if the device provides an internal IP address but does not provide a default gateway, the error may occur.
- There is a possible disturbance: Because the default gateway is missing, it may be caused by an «automatic» IP address. If this is the cause of the error, the computer to which the computer is connected has a problem.
How do I create my own gateway on a Windows 10 computer?
If you want to create your own gateway, you will need to force an IP change. To do this, you need to follow the steps below.
- Access the control console. To do this, open the Start menu and enter «cmd ‘.
- Once it appears, click «Order Prompt.»
- There write the following command ‘ipconfig / recite ‘. With this, you will tell your computer to give up IP. So it will connect to the router and automatically look for a new IP address.
- Finally, restart your computer.
How do I set up the default gateway on a Windows 10 computer?
If you need to configure the default gateway, you will need to obtain an automatic IP. Therefore, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Go to Windows settings and select the «Network and Internet» section.
- Once inside, select the ‘Wifi ‘ located in the left column.
- Then click «Change adapter options’ in the Related settings section.
- It will show you the old control panel that Windows.
- Right-click the Wi-Fi connection you’re having trouble with.
- Select ‘Properties « and grant administrator permissions.
- A window with the properties of the WiFi network you selected will appear.
- Click on ‘Internet Protocol version 4 ‘ (TCP / IPv4).
- Click the «button»property.
- Please check that you have selected the options’Automatically get an IP address’.
- If not, select them.
What can we do to fix this error on a Windows 10 computer?
In addition, from the solutions we have already explained to you, you may also be able to resolve the error by performing the following actions:
- Remove all programs from McAfee from the computer.
- Restart the Wi-Fi adapter.
- Update the network adapter drivers.
- Stop the function automatic start session Windows.
- Uninstall the network adapter drivers.
- Replace the network adapter drivers.