Nowadays, with the new generations of mobile phones, better and faster signals are accepted, such as 5G and very soon 6G. Although it is true that in the case of Latin America we will have to wait a little longer for this.
However, sometimes there are various problems with these networks, as there is an error that «Mobile network is not available» appears on the mobile phone. While for some users this is unusual, for others it can be very annoying because it can be repeated several times.
In this article we will explain what you can do to solve it, if it happens to you frequently or if it happens to you in any situation.
Why does my cell phone have no signal and tells me that the network is not available?
First of all, we will answer this question, because once we have clearly identified where your error comes from and where its root is, then we can solve it directly much faster.
This «error message» is the evolution called «mobile phone without service», only with the evolution has the name changed.
There are several reasons for this, broadly speaking. Then, if your case is different, we’ll see it a little later, so keep reading! The most common causes are:
- You are in a rural area, where the power or range of the signal is weak or weak.
- You are in an underground area, such as a subway.
- You are in a secluded area, deep inside, between walls like a building, where there are other connections that can interfere.
- You have a mobile device that is somewhat old for this generation.
As you can see, there can be various causes, now that we know why it happens, let’s go to the possible solutions.
The mobile network is not only available for emergency calls: Solution
Removing the case if your mobile phone is already old and instead of using NanoSim, use microsim or Sim, because in these cases the problem may be that, let’s go with the solutions to the other problems.
- Check your default mobile network connection: we have to go to the configurations of our terminal. Once inside, if your mobile is Android, we go to «Mobile Networks», Network Operator, and finally to More Networks. Check if the one that your phone supports the most is set up (Example, 4g). And that the mobile data service provider is the right one with which you contracted. If there is something wrong, when you put «More networks», the list will be updated and you will be able to choose the right one.
- Check the SIM: this would be to check if the position of the same has not been compensated. To do this, if you can, you need to remove the SIM card from the device. When you are finished, gently clean it with a blow, remove dirt particles well and also blow into the groove. We put the device in Airplane mode, wait 10 seconds, then turn it off. Finally, we reinsert the SIM card and restart the mobile phone.
- Perform a hard reset if the problem is permanent: If the days go by and the problem remains unresolved, then the final option is Hard Reset of the device, ie factory reset. There are many tutorials on YouTube on how to do it, just put «How to restore my factory YYY» filling in with the model you have.
As you can see, there are no magic solutions, because not much can be done if this problem persists.
It is also possible that your mobile phone has been reported stolen and canceled. In this case, you must communicate with the DNI or Identification of the person responsible for the service and call Claro, Personal, Telcel, Movistar or the company you have contracted with another device. And check if that number was downloaded for theft.
We hope we helped you and you can leave any questions in the comments.