Everyone has a cell phone, but not everyone has the same level of protection. Here’s how phone cases, protection devices, cases, and cases protect your device and what you should buy.
The world of mobile phone accessories
Given how much we use our phonesNot surprisingly, they are prone to wear. It is quite common to scratch, drop or break a phone. That’s why there are thousands of companies that produce protective equipment for your devices.
Here’s an overview of the various accessories you can buy to protect your phone from damage:
- Cases: General term for protective covers attached to the back and sides of the device. They come in different patterns, shape and material factors, but generally help mitigate any damage caused by the fall.
- Protectors: an extra layer of plastic or glass that you place on top of the phone to prevent scratches. Stronger screen protectors, such as those made of safety glass, can prevent glass from breaking a screen after a strong drop.
- More expensive: Also known as decals, these thin layers are available in various designs that change the appearance of the device’s exterior. It does not provide much protection, but prevents the surface of the device from being scratched.
- Cover: They perform both the function of enclosures and protection. They are usually made of leather and are wrapped around the phone. They protect the back and cover the front when you are not using the device. There are also wallet covers, including money flaps and credit cards.
Cases and covers: comprehensive protection
If you’re using a phone right now, you may have a case. They come in different models, materials and degrees of protection. They have become so common that a huge phone case industry has sprung up in recent years.
Here are some good reasons to use a phone case:
- Catch: The back of many premium phones is made of glass or soft plastic, so they are not as easy or comfortable to hold. Most cases are designed to be comfortable and grippy. This makes your phone easier to use and less likely to leave you.
- Fall resistance: If you are worried about breaking your phone screen, it is always better to have a case. Some cases, such as those of OtterBox Yes LifeProof, are made of thick and durable materials, with particularly large lateral swellings. This means that you can save your phone from high altitudes without damaging it.
- Customization: al Like clothes, the phone case can show your personality or sense of style. They have become a fashion statement, with many major media franchises and well-known designers selling branded covers.
There are also many variations of the standard design of the phone case. Bumpers, for example, have a minimalist design and are made of transparent materials. They are intended for those who want extra protection without compromising the design of the phone.
There are also built-in battery cases that extend the life of your phone by a few hours. Some also have small holders for holding your phone watch videos with hands free .
Screen protectors: prevention of scratches and cracks
Unlike some cases, the screen protectors are designed exclusively to protect the front of your phone. They are a transparent layer of glass or plastic that is placed above the phone screen.
screen protectors plastic they are transparent, non-intrusive films that simply prevent scratches. In general, they do not prevent a glass screen from cracking.
Tempered glass protectors, on the other hand, are thick as well they can prevent damage to the phone after a heavy fall. However, their large profiles may make them incompatible with some phone cases. You may also have problems with the responsiveness of the touch screen. This is especially true for devices with on-screen fingerprint sensors; They tend to stop working completely when a device has tempered glass.
As with the cases, there are some variants of screen protector. Privacy screens, for example, reduce viewing angles to prevent others from seeing your device. There are also matte screen protectors, which reduce glare caused by direct sunlight.
Leather: especially decorative
masks They are intended for people who want to keep the original profile and footprint of the device, but who still want to customize their appearance. They are a thin layer that wraps around the phone to cover the outside. In addition to the screen and camera bump, the skins usually cover the entire visible area of the device.
However, apart from avoiding scratches on the back and side, they offer very little protection for your phone.
Most companies offer customizable designs that you can request for different devices. This means that your phone, laptop, and case may look the same.
Which one should you buy?
Which one you should buy depends on how much protection you want for your phone.
A decent case is a good option for most people. If you leave your phone out long, you can’t go wrong with a sturdy case along with a tempered glass screen protector.
On the other hand, if you want to keep the original look of your phone, but still want protection, look for a clear case or a minimalist bumper. There are also plastic protective covers and devices for those who want to customize their devices and avoid scratches.
You should know that you may have some compatibility issues. Most thick, sturdy cases will not fit your phone if you have a glass screen protector installed. And, of course, the availability of the casings can vary significantly between devices. The more popular your phone is, the more likely you are to find more options for it.