In this guide we will help you to update or restore the ROM on your Galaxy F02s device with a newer version of Android via Odin compared to previous versions.
With this operation we will not lose the applications, files or data that we have stored in the memory of our terminal, but, if we want, we can also format it to practice a clean installation of the system.
In any case, it is always advisable to create a backup copy of the entire contents of your mobile device, for this purpose it is best to use the free and official Samsung Smart Switch utility.
Updating your Samsung Galaxy F02s mobile phone is an easy process and will leave your mobile phone with its original Android system, effectively resolving any software errors that the terminal may present.
Here are all the necessary steps to update the Samsung Galaxy F02s ROM.
Update the Samsung Galaxy F02s terminal via Odin
In the Samsung Galaxy F02s configuration, we will have to go to settings and activate USB troubleshooting from development options.
If these developer options are not enabled, we must enable them by entering About the phone, Software information by pressing the box seven times construction number.
The first thing we need to do is download the necessary files to our computer.
- I downloaded the latest version of Odin3 for Windows.
- We also download the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy F02s for Windows.
- And finally, we download the updated rom for Samsung Galaxy F02s and extract it to your computer.
Then, we install the USB drivers for our terminal on the PC and launch the Odin 3 utility.
We turn off our mobile phone and start it with the download mode, for this we press the buttons simultaneously smaller volume + The home + power to exactly drop the warning on how to download.
Then, after releasing everything, press the volume key to accept.
Once in download mode, we run the Odin application and connect Galaxy F02s to the computer using the USB data cable, at which point we will see the message added in Odin 3.
This means that for now everything is going well and the communication between the software and our smartphone is not a problem, otherwise we will have to check the USB ports, the cable must update the drivers.
Then all you have to do is load all the rom components into the Odin 3 application by clicking on the corresponding button.
For this step we will first click on the button [BL], we explore the folder where we saved the ROM and open the file that starts with BL_ by clicking on the open button.
We do the same steps for the AP_ and CP_ files.
In this step, before pressing the CSC button to upload the corresponding file, we will have to think about the term79. as we want to do.
- Update / reinstall Android without damaging your apps or personal files.
- Or, on the other hand, clean everything and lock the rom in a clean way, with which the contents of the internal memory, accounts and settings will be permanently deleted.
- To update the Galaxy F02s ROM and install the system without losing its contents, we need to load the Odin HOME_CSC_ file.
- If what we want is to update the Galaxy F02s rom by formatting the mobile phone to make a clean install, we will use the CSC_ file instead.
Note: It is recommended to always use HOME_CSC_, unless the system is unstable or infected with malware.
Once we have loaded all the components seen in the previous step, we click on the START button and the installation process will begin.
To finish, wait a few minutes until the progress bar is completed and Galaxy F02s restarts, at which point we need to unplug the USB cable, close the Odin3 program and wait a few seconds while Galaxy F02s restarts.