MP3 files have long been used to play music on various devices. The reasons why it is still an excellent format today are due to its low weight and the quality of the songs. However, thanks to the improved applications and operating systems of the phone, it is possible use music as a ringtone.
So it’s time to stop using those basic, default tones that mobile devices bring, and add one of your favorite tunes or tunes. Just keep reading this article and find out what steps you need to take to reach it. As additional information before you start with this topic, you should know that it is possible to put music and photos of your stories on Instagram.
These are the options to customize your ringtone on Android
If you’re on an Android phone, you have several options to choose from. Some of them are the following:
From the settings
This is the easiest method to implement and you do not need any application or anything like that. To do this, you must:
- Access your phone settings
- You will scroll until you find the option to Sounds and vibrations
- Once you select it, you will locate the Ringtone option
- You will now see a list of all the tones that your phone defaults to. Instead of choosing one of them, you need to scroll down to find an option that allows you to select a file stored on your device.
- Depending on your phone’s operating system, the option to select a custom ringtone may change, but regardless of version, each Android phone will allow you to do so.
- Once you select this option, you will be given access to all the songs and music that you have on your mobile device. Just select one of them and voila.
Keep in mind that if for some reason you want to remove the voice from a song to use it as a tone, you can do so as long as the final file is in mp3 mp4 or any Android compatible audio file.
From the library
The other option is entrance to the telephone library. This app is native to all devices and varies by phone model and brand. But, as such, you just need to enter the sound application and from there select the song you like and then choose it as your input ringtone.
An important fact should be highlighted, namely that certain phones have the ability to give the user the opportunity to add ringtones each contact in a personalized way. You can access the contacts application and from there you can see if you can set a specific tone for each of your contacts.
From any application
The last alternative and perhaps the most comfortable of all is the use of an application that allows you find audio files and set them as a ringtone. In general, ES File Explorer is usually downloaded, installed and used to do this, but as such, any application of this style will allow it.
Moreover, any music player you install or have installed on your phone will give you the option to select a song as a ringtone. The steps you need to follow to use the Explorer file are as follows:
- Open the application
- Select internal storage or micro SD depending on where you have the saved files.
- Find the song you want to place as a notification
- Select it and hold it for a few seconds to activate the additional options.
- Look for an option that allows you to add the song as a ringtone and that’s it.
How do I customize a notification sound on Android?
Customize your notification tones It’s easier than you think, so much so that you can create videos on tik Tok with photos, text, and more and receive a notification in a different tone once you start receiving notifications of the published video. The steps you need to follow are:
- Open the phone settings
- Go to Notifications and Vibrations
- Find an option that allows you to change notifications
- From there, you can choose a general tone or select a preinstalled tone for each of the system options. That is a tone for:
- Ringtone received
- Alarm tone
- For events
- And notifications
- You can also choose the option Choose a local ringtone.
This last option tends to be more personalized, because you can choose as a ringtone, a recording you made, a downloaded audio file, or a voice memo, or your favorite song.
So you can use a YouTube sound as a ringtone on Android
All you have to do is somehow get it download the audio file from YouTube and store it on your mobile device. Then you can do exactly the same procedure I explained earlier and you’re done. There is nothing different except the process of downloading audio files.
How do I use a Spotify song as a ringtone?
It’s not that easy how to search for a song on Spotify and do the same procedure explained. To do this, you need to use a very good and versatile program / application called Spotify Music Converter. You can use this program on both Windows and Mac.
Basically, what this program allows you is to be able to download the music you want from Spotify and then have it in an mp3 file that you can transfer to your mobile phone. There are other alternative methods you can use, but this is possible use a Spotify song as a ringtone, may.