You may not know it, but DNS has a big one importance for surfing the internet and the ability to find and access a specific web page. If they start to fail, you will have problems with your IP addresses, and the most common is problems with the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error in Google Chrome.
Now, if you have issues like «DNS Server Not Responding» in your case, here’s what we need to fix it and prevents you from continuing to have problems with your IP address.
Why does this DNS error occur?
This problem occurs when the browser you are using for some reason cannot establish any type of internet connection. That is, when you try to connect or enter a webpage, your computer sends a request with an IP address and it is redirected to a DNS server from the router you are connected to. Then a reply is received and you are given access to the request you made.
So this error occurs because you are not getting an answer, for whatever reason. They are usually caused by external problems. That is, issues such as incorrect DNS configuration, internet connection issues, Wrong browser settings etc.
What should I do when this error occurs?
Now that you know some of the most common causes of this error, it’s time to move on to what possible solutions you can implement. Keep in mind that these solutions can be implemented to fix DNS problems in Google Chrome.
Clear the cache
It is the simplest solution and the first one you should implement when this error occurs. To do this, you can access your browser settings and from there find the option where they are all stored cache information and delete it. This process can be done from a computer or a mobile phone.
If you are from a computer, you can do the following:
- Run the command prompt and type the command cmd in the window that appears.
- On the black screen that appears, type the following command: ipconfig / flushdns and then press Enter
- Wait for the process to complete. Once that happens, continue repeating the process for each of the commands that appear on the screen.
In the case of phones, it is even easier, because you can access the configuration of the equipment, find the application option, select the browser you are using and clear the cache there. Keep in mind that when you clear your browser’s cache, all the information you’ve saved from those pages you’ve visited the most will be deleted.
Renew and remove DNS
DNS renewal They are also an alternative that you can use whenever you do not want to clean and delete DNS. Of course, this process has a number of steps that vary depending on the operating system you have.
For Windows users, you need to:
- Click the Start button and then choose Run Command or Command Prompt
- Type the following command: ipconfig / flushdns
- Wait for the process to complete and you’re done
For Linux operating system users, you must restart NSCD Daemon as follows:
- Type or type the following in the SSH terminal: /etc/rc.d/init.d/nscd restart
- Execute the command and voila, the DNS will already be renewed
If you have a MAC, it is also possible to renew your system’s DNS as follows:
- You need to type searchd –flushcache in the device terminal
- If you have version 10.5 or higher, you will need to use the following command: dscacheutil –flushcache
Keep in mind that it’s possible to change and configure your smartphone’s DNS servers, it doesn’t matter if it’s an Android or an iPhone.
Configure DNS servers again
This is basically leaving DNS as it was in the beginning. Generally, this alternative is implemented when the user has made changes or made adjustments to his computer that do not favor him and have defects.
Restart the client
When we talk about restarting the client, we mean that you restart the router as it comes from the factory. Eventually they made any updates And with that, you set a default configuration that causes this problem. All you have to do is locate a small hole in the router, put a paper clip or a needle, press for at least 10 seconds and you’re done.
Start the system in safe mode
Now we move on to an alternative that requires a little knowledge to be able to implement. Starting the computer in safe mode will allow you to check if the DNS server is not responding. The error has been resolved or not.
In case you don’t know how enter Windows this way, you need to access the Start button> place the cursor on the on / off icon> hold down the SHIFT key> restart the computer.
A window will appear in which you have to click on Problems and then on the Advanced option. There you go to Startup Settings and then Restart. From the options, you need to select and activate safe mode. After that, the computer will restart in safe mode to try detect and resolve any system failures.
Disable antivirus and firewall programs
Sometimes we have antivirus and protection programs As they are strong or strict, they tend to delete files and / or generate certain typical errors, such as the unresponsive DNS server. If you want to try this method, you must:
- From Windows, access the control panel > Update and security> Windows security and then in Protection against viruses and threats. This will allow you to manage the security settings that you have on your computer.
- For MAC users, they need to search for System Preferences and from there locate the Security and Privacy option. This will give them access to the firewall and its settings.
After the antivirus or firewall is disabled, try accessing the page you didn’t access. If the issue is not resolved, go back activate the firewall and continue with another alternative.
Disable secondary connections
Sometimes, without knowing it, we have secondary connections enabled, which, while not a problem, is one of the possible causes of DNS server error. To make this configuration, you must:
- Click the Windows Start button and then type «network connections»
- Then you have to go to View network connections
- It will show you the different network connections. Those who have an X, it is because it is not used.
- To disable it, you have to right click on any of them and then on the first option «Disable or Disable»
This process must be applied to each of the active connections but I do absolutely nothing.
If this problem happened to you on MAC, do it
Change your browser
There is no better alternative than if you do not have much knowledge of what I explained a moment ago. It’s an easy solution and you don’t have to go through complicated steps that you’re not sure about. Thus, we recommend that you change your browser and try one that is easy, fast, and does not consume as many resources on your computer.
Start in safe mode
Like Windows, you can safely start your computer to see if the problem persists or if you have a solution. For start this mode on a Mac, must:
- Go to the Apple menu with and then turn off the computer
- Wait about 10 seconds
- Now restart your computer and hold down the Shift key
- Then release the key when you see that the start window has appeared
How do you prevent this error from happening to you in the future?
There are a few things you can do to prevent this error from bothering you again in the future. Some of them are the following:
Don’t be followed by ISPs or web pages
The most common way to prevent ISPs from tracking your movements is apply a VPN, it doesn’t matter if it’s free or paid. You can get these programs on official and unofficial pages, as well as programs that help you change your IP address in very few steps.
The other option you can implement is use the Tor browser or one that has the same features as this, because Tor is a browser that gives you complete anonymity and makes it very difficult for them to track your movements while using it.
One last recommendation for those who care a lot about tracking and privacy is that they can use secure versions of web pages of interest.. This is done via HTTP. Most pages usually have this built-in, and you can see it with a green padlock right next to the browser’s search bar.
How can I recover lost files quickly and easily?
This can be done by implementing a file recovery program. There are many of them and each of them has different characteristics. But in general, they all give you the option to recover certain types of files, depending on how much time has elapsed since they were deleted. So don’t worry if you’ve lost valuable information, since you can recover it.