Telegram differs from the rest of social networks in that it offers its users different options in terms of confidentiality of conversations. In Telegram you can join groups or channels exclusively to send and receive a certain type of file of a certain genre.
Like other social networks, Telegram allows you to block unwanted people, By blocking these users, you will eliminate any possibility of communication between you and that person through this environment.
Blocking another Telegram user is very simple, this option can be found in the Telegram mobile application or through its website server. Then we will explain each of the steps to block someone on the Telegram.
By blocking a contact on Telegram, they will immediately stop viewing your profile picture and any other updates you make. In the same way, you will not be able to view anything related to this blocked contact. The idea of blocking contacts is avoid any possible form of communication between the two, at least through this application.
Surely Telegram does not inform its users when they have been blocked by any contact, this is recorded only in the account of the person performing the block, in the configuration option, in the blocked section.
The only way to know if someone has blocked you or that contact you have blocked realizes has been blocked is simply common sense. For restricts all types of communication Between the two by Telegram, it is a sign that there was a blockade.
If you can’t see anything about the contact in question, it can only mean that you’ve been blocked by that person or deleted their Telegram account or application. Because the first option is very simple to do, probably it was a blockade.
What is the procedure to block someone on Telegram?
Blocking someone on the Telegram is very simple and consists only of a few small steps. This option can be found through the mobile app, which you can download to any of your devices through the Play Store app library or the App Store app library.
In the same way, if you have the Telegram application on your computer, you can block other contacts or users from sending you unwanted messages by following the steps below.
From the PC
- Open Telegram
- Select the contact you want to block from the left side of the screen. If you want to block someone who wrote to you and you didn’t have them in your phonebook, select the conversation.
- Once the conversation of the user you want to block is open, click the three points that refer to the conversation settings at the top right of the computer screen.
- As the chat options or setup menu appear, you’ll see the «Lock» option at the end.
- Tap this option
- Finally, confirm that you want to block this person
From my cell phone
- Open the Telegram app on your mobile device.
- Access the conversation of the contact you want to block or the conversation of the person you want to block, regardless of whether you have their number registered in your phonebook.
- Once the conversation is open, tap the person’s name or phone number, in case you don’t record it, it’s at the top of the conversation, because the lock option isn’t available in the options section, the three dots appear in conversation. You must enter their profile.
- When you are in the profile of the person you want to block, where you can view the information related to it, tap the three dots at the top.
- Here you will see the options you have with this contact and you will actually get the «Lock» option. Select this option.
- Confirm that you want to block this person by clicking «Block» again
How do I unlock a person from my Telegram account?
Unlocking a person you’ve previously blocked in the Telegram app is as simple as locking them. It is important to know that this application allows you lock and unlock people as many times as you want, whether or not you have them registered in your phonebook.
It is important to know that if you want to unlock someone from Telegram from a computer, you must have the desktop version of Telegram, because this option cannot be done on the official Telegram website.
From the mobile app
- Open the previously downloaded Telegram mobile app and install it on your mobile device
- Once you’re on the main screen, which is where all the conversations are, tap the three stripes icon at the top left of the screen, which refers to the options menu.
- Once the menu is displayed, press the «Settings» option
- Then click on the «Privacy and security» option
- In the «Privacy» section the first option is «Blocked users». Select this option to see all people who are stuck.
- To unlock the people you want, just hold down their name or phone number, if they don’t register them
- Then the «Unlock» option will appear and you need to select it to unlock the desired people
From the web server
- Download the Telegram desktop version from your computer on the official Telegram website
- Enter your phone number
- With your mobile device, scan the QR code that will appear on your computer screen
- Access your contacts
- Select the user you want to block
- When the chat opens, tap his name to access information about this contact
- Click on the three dots at the top
- Select «Unlock» and immediately the contact will stop being blocked and will be able to communicate with you again through the options offered by Telegram
How do I know if someone blocked me on Telegram?
Since application Telegram does not inform its users when they have been blocked From other users, it is understandable that you doubt whether someone has blocked you when you make certain details that we will show you below.
If you get all this data correctly, there is a great chance you were groped, or the other person may have simply deleted your account or Telegram application. There is also a way to know if what is happening is the last resort.
- You have stopped viewing your avatar or profile picture. Although some users of this application prefer to keep their profile picture without an image, most choose to post one. If in your case you’ve always seen an image in the profile picture box of the person you think was blocked, and at some point they don’t have an image, they probably blocked you.
- You no longer see that person connected or when their last connection was. One of the signs that you’ve been blocked is that, apart from the fact that you haven’t seen your profile picture, you won’t be able to see when it was last connected or when it’s connected.
- Your messages don’t reach him. Because it is currently almost impossible for a user of this application to spend too much time offline to receive messages, if you have sent one or more people to a person and they do not receive them for a long time and you do not receive any of those persons, there is a possibility that that person may have blocked or deleted their Telegram account or application
If you are right in all the data I have given you and you still have doubts as to whether that person has blocked you or simply deleted their Telegram account, the only thing left to do is send him a message from a different phone number than yours.
If this person reads that message and doesn’t read your message or the ones you sent from your number, effectively you were blocked by that person. The recommended thing in this situation is that you no longer insist on communicating with that person, because if they blocked you it is because they do not want to have communication with you.