Rooting a mobile device, such as Elephone A8 in this case, is not a joke and even less should be taken lightly, so in the tutorials we create we always try to prevent users from forgetting any decisive step or setting.
The models Elephone A8 These are mobile devices that, once rooted, offer the user several methods to optimize their overall operation in an easy way, to customize the native rom, as well as to take control of the said terminal system.
Index What is Root Profits Warnings and disadvantages Requirements Elephone A8 Elephone A8 Presets Root your Elephone A8 Unlock the Elephone A8 Bootloader Check Elephone A8 Bootloader Check Root Elephone A8 ResumeStep by step video tutorial
What is rooting?
Super user or root is the standard name normally assigned to user accounts that have full privileges in all forms of access, both single and multiple.
Rooting or rooting a device is the procedure that allows the user of an Android computer to gain privileged access to the system similar to the administrative permissions of Unix systems, thus overcoming any reduction in the system or software imposed by the manufacturer’s or operator’s network.
What are the advantages of rooting Elephone A8?
- Ability to easily remove any Bloatware as well as uninstall potentially unnecessary applications from the system.
- Free up more memory for storage.
- Adapt advanced system settings, such as unlocking Elephone A8, changing or changing our IMEI number and / or MAC, and more.
- To be able to use applications developed specifically for terminals that have root permissions.
- Adapt, create and delete partitions from internal memory (Warning !, this can be very dangerous for the integrity of the device).
- Create partition system partitions and the ability to export all firmware.
Precautions and disadvantages that we need to evaluate
- The smartphone will suspend the coverage of the warranty issued by the manufacturer.
- The risk of malicious applications gaining superuser rights.
- Exposure to damage or damage to information during or after the procedure, in which case it is advisable to create a backup before starting a root process.
- The rom of your Elephone A8 mobile device may be damaged, it is recommended to make sure that you can get an official copy of the rom if necessary.
- Support for OTA / FOTA updates will be canceled.
Requirements for this method
- PC with any version of Windows XP or later, either on 32-bit or 64-bit micro-architecture.
- Micro USB connector.
- Download the latest version of MTKroot v2.5.5 for Elephone A8 on your computer.
- Download the boot.img component or the original version for Elephone A8, if possible from the official website for the manufacturer’s downloads.
Note: If you cannot find the Elephone A8 rom, you can simply remove boot.img directly from the Elephone A8 in a simple way by performing the steps in this tutorial.
Elephone A8 mobile phone setup
The first thing we will do, logically, is to configure the settings needed for the process, which are practically Unlock OEM as well as Enable USB debugging.
The two options are located in the programmer section, which you must unlock previously pressing 7 times successively above the box:
System-> System information -> Construction number.
How to root your Elephone A8 mobile phone step by step
You must first unzip the package before downloading it to your computer and open the MTKroot v2.5.5 program.
Click Drivers -> Mediatek and complete the installation of those drivers.
Repeat this to perform the installation on drivers -> ADB.
Note: The MTKroot v2.5.5 application already has all the necessary USB and Fastboot drivers for Windows to recognize the Elephone A8 terminal.
Then connect your Elephone A8 to your computer using a data cable and click once Restart USB.
Click in the upper left corner of the text There is no boot !! -> Task, open the boot.img file and click the button Process patch.
The Magisk Manager tool will start automatically on Elephone A8, perform the steps that will appear on the screen to correlate the boot.
Then click ADB test and wait a moment until you can see the message «Device detectedwhen you need to click Go to Fastboot.
Wait a few seconds while your Elephone A8 mobile phone starts charging mode and then click Test Fastboot.
Then you need to participate until you can read the «Device Found» line to move on to the next phase.
Unlocking the boot loader on the Elephone A8 device
In the next step we will continue to launch the Elephone A8 charger, another essential action that you will perform with a single click.
You must skip this operation if you have already done it before.
Click the button Test Bootloader if you need to check the bootloader status.
If you need to unlock the bootloader on your Elephone A8, click the button Release Bootloader -> Accept and then follow the steps that will be projected on the Elephone A8 screen.
Press the key turn up the volume to authorize.
Note: As soon as the bootloader is unlocked, your computer’s system will be restored to its original state.
Because of this, it is recommended that you back up or, if you prefer, simply copy your files, contacts, photos, and other data to the Micro SD external memory.
With the bootloader unlocked, you are one step away from completing the process and leaving Elephone A8 with root access.
Scroll to the top corner of the app and check the root alternative, then click Root at the bottom.
In just a few seconds, the Elephone A8 Smartphone will be rooted, so you will be able to see the “OK” line projected on the Elephone A8 mobile phone and in the MTKroot v2.5.5 software.
Then you have to press Exit Fastboot To return, your Elephone A8 device will return to the system.
After the Elephone A8 has rebooted completely, you need to click the button Applications -> Install Magisk and verify that the Magisk Manager application is actually installed on your mobile phone.
In order for the Magisk Manager application to work properly, you need to connect your Elephone A8 phone to the Internet, both through a network operator and via WiFi.
To complete this tutorial just click the button Check Root -> then To accept and that’s it.
Note: If the application does not appear installed, press the button REMOVE, wait a few seconds and click the button again Installation.
Summary of steps
- Launch the MTKroot v2.5.5 program and then connect the Elephone A8 to your computer.
- Restart the Elephone A8 to boot options quickly at the click of a button Go to Fastboot -> Test Fastboot.
- If necessary, unlock the bootloader by clicking Release Bootloader.
- Finally select the option root and press the button Root.
Video tutorial help on how to root Elephone A8