- Blue screen of death errors are often caused by outdated or incompatible drivers, and to fix this error we recommend that you update all drivers on your computer.
- Many users have reported that the INTERNAL POWER ERROR occurs due to the small size of the hibernation file and the only solution is to increase its size. See how you can do this in our guide below.
- Some BSoD errors are more difficult to identify and correct. We can help you with our BSoD troubleshooting section, where you can easily find a solution.
- Our Windows 10 error center is full of articles about such errors, so give it a try.
The blue screen of death errors can be quite annoying in Windows 10, as they will always restart your computer to avoid damage.
These errors can interrupt your work and cause data loss, so today we will show you how to fix INTERNAL POWER ERROR.
Internal power supply error variations:
However, this error can occur in several ways and is more common on some devices. These are all the variations of the INTERNAL POWER ERROR error:
- INTERNAL POWER ERROR in Windows 10 : INTERNAL POWER ERROR is quite common in Windows 10. So if you’re using the latest Microsoft operating system, you’re not the only one experiencing this error.
- INTERNAL POWER ERROR Hibernation Windows 7: when This is Windows 7 error, INTERNAL POWER ERROR mainly appears when you try to wake up your computer from hibernation.
- Your PC has encountered an internal power failure problem – This is just another error message for the same error code.
- INTERNAL POWER ERROR Windows 8 Although this error is uncommon in Windows 8, it is not impossible to find it.
Also, according to many users, this error is more common on the following devices:
- Surface book
How can I fix the blue screen error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR?
Solution 1: Update the drivers
Blue screen of death errors are often caused by outdated or incompatible drivers, and to fix this error we recommend that you update all drivers on your computer.
Windows 10 relies heavily on drivers to communicate with certain hardware, and if your drivers are outdated or simply not fully compatible with Windows 10, you will receive a BSoD error.
Fortunately for you, this error can be fixed by updating the drivers. Updating drivers is fairly straightforward, and to do this you just need to visit the hardware manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers.
It’s important to update as many drivers as possible to fix this problem, so make sure you download the latest drivers for all major hardware components.
Manually downloading the driver can be a lengthy and tedious process, but you can automatically download all the required drivers using this driver update software.
Solution 2: Increase the hibernation file size
Many users have reported that the INTERNAL POWER ERROR occurs due to the small size of the hibernation file and the only solution is to increase its size. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- press Windows + X key to open the Advanced User menu. Please select Command Prompt (Administrator) in the menu.
- When system symbol , introduces powercfg / hibernate / size 100 and press Get in .
By default, the hibernation file size is set to 75%, however sometimes this may not be enough for your current memory requirements, but you can easily resize it to 100% by following the instructions above.
Solution 3: Disable the graphics card or return to the drivers
Many users have reported problems with AMD graphics cards, and according to them, the only way to fix the BSOD INTERNAL POWER ERROR BSOD is to disable the AMD graphics card. To do this, you must first enter safe mode by following these steps:
- Restart the computer several times during the boot sequence to start the Auto Repair mode. Alternatively, you can hold down the key Change and click the button Restart .
- Choose Troubleshooting> Advanced Options> Startup Settings . Click the button Restart .
- After restarting your computer, you will see a list of options. the press 5 or F5 to select Safe way to surf the internet .
Once you have entered safe mode, you must disable the graphics card by doing the following:
- press Windows + X key and select Device administrator of the list.
- Locate the graphics card, right-click and choose disable in the menu.
Disabling drivers may not be the best solution, but as an alternative, you can return to drivers by following these steps:
- Open Device Manager and double-click the graphics card.
- Go to the tab Ticket collector and click the button Return to the controller .
Solution 4: Disable automatic driver updates and uninstall the display driver
To fix the INTERNAL POWER ERROR, you may need to uninstall the graphics card driver, but it may not be that easy because Windows 10 will automatically install the missing drivers.
First, you need to prevent Windows 10 from automatically downloading the latest drivers by following these steps:
- press Windows key + S and enter advanced system settings . Please select View advanced system settings from the list of results.
- Go to the tab Hardware and click button Device installation settings .
- When the window device installation settings , Select No (your device may not work as expected) and click Save the changes .
Some users also suggest using the Show or Hide Updates troubleshooter to disable certain updates and drivers from downloading automatically.
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in April 2019 and has since been renewed and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy and completeness.