Spotify allows you to access an endless number of songs, as well as delete those you no longer want to listen to. For troubleshoot the songs you have in the playlist from your Spotify account, just click the «Library» option.
From the library, which is at the bottom of the app, then tap where it says «Edit.» When you are in this section, you will select everything and then right click and press ‘Remove from music’ immediately those songs that you did not want to have in your playlist will be removed immediately.
What do I need to be able to delete songs from my Spotify playlists?
Deleting songs from a playlist is quick and easy. First you need access the Spotify library and select the playlist where the songs you no longer want to listen to are located.
Once the playlist is selected you need to click the «Edit playlist» option. Then apply to the three dots to the right of the name of the song you want to delete and select «Remove from this playlist» and voila, congratulations because the song will be removed from your playlist.
Procedure for removing unwanted songs from a playlist
It makes sense that you can on Spotify create a playlist adjusted to your music preferences, you can edit the playlist as many times as you like. Because most people tend to get bored of certain songs and want to remove them from the playlist to add other songs that are newer.
Spotify lets you remove unwanted songs from a playlist. To do this, you need to go to «Edit playlist» and troubleshoot the playlist by removing those songs that you no longer want to listen to. Learn how to remove unwanted songs from your playlist.
In the mobile application
For remove songs from your playlist from your mobile phone you need to follow these simple steps:
- Enter the library and choose the playlist where the songs you want to delete are located.
- Once the playlist is selected, click «Edit playlist» and click the three dots of the song you want to delete.
- To finish, click «Remove from this playlist».
From the web server
If you want to troubleshoot the playlist on your web server, follow these simple steps:
- Access the songs so you can see all the songs in your playlist.
- To finish, right-click the song you want to delete and apply it «Delete from library».
Other actions you can take with your Spotify playlists
If you are new to Spotify and still don’t know the wonderful tools it has, here are all the actions you can take on this leading platform in the music streaming market. One of the amazing things you can do on Spotify is to put your playlist in secret so you can have a playlist exclusively for you.
Not only does Spotify offer its users, you can also delete the songs you have downloaded, download music to your phone’s microSD, delete the playback history, you can move the list of songs you have on YouTube, between other actions.
Delete downloaded songs
If you have downloaded a few songs and do not want to listen to them again, you should:
- Go to the library and choose the playlist you want to edit.
- Then click «Edit playlist» and click the three dots above the song you want to delete,
- Later choose «Remove from this playlist» and voila, you will notice that the song will no longer appear in your playlist.
Also, if you don’t know how many songs you have in your Spotify playlist and it will probably take a long time to delete one by one, you can delete absolutely all songs with a single click. In order to be able to delete songs, you will have to do it from a computer because possible only from a web server. The first step is:
- Go to songs and go to the top of the screen and click «Edit»
- Click «Select All» and to finish, right-click and apply «Remove from your music.»
Remove a song from my favorites
If over the years the songs of those artists that you put in your favorites are no longer pleasant for you and you want to remove them from your favorites, you can do it without any problems. In order to achieve remove a song from your favorites on your mobile phone:
- You need to go to the library where you are going to select the playlist where all the songs you like will appear.
- To remove a song from your favorites, just click the heart icon
- After that, you need to confirm that you want to delete the song you like by clicking delete.
If you’re going to do it from your computer you should do this:
- You need to go to the songs you like and click on the white heart icon next to the song name.
- After you click, the app shows you the following message «You have deleted the song from the songs you like», which is a confirmation message.
Spotify takes care of playlist known as «Daili Mix», this is known as the suggestions in this app. Daili Mix is a playlist based on the songs you listen to, they automatically appear based on your musical tastes.
You will notice that there are new songs related to what you usually listen to. Unfortunately, they cannot be eliminated, but if you can block those songs you don’t like.
Delete the history of the played songs
You can delete your search history and songs played on Spotify, and most importantly, you can do it quickly:
- This time you need to access the search bar and go to the bottom just below all the searches you have done.
- When you find the option «Delete search history.»
If you do not want to delete the entire search history, but rather a few specific songs, you need to follow these steps:
- All the songs you searched for will appear in the search bar.
- Click the X next to the song name and will be immediately removed from your search list.