If you are a frequent consumer of that content is available on Spotify You will notice that your hard drive fills up pretty quickly.
This is because said application saves in memory cache playlists or podcasts you play so you can find them more easily and stream them whenever you want. then we teach you how to free up space departure Spotify cache.
What is the real cache function in Spotify?
Spotify caches all the things you play in its app, even if you don’t save them, so the consumer can play a playlist or podcast in one easier without having to access your server. In short, we can say that Spotify performs this process for: Storing music and podcasts, so you can play them without interruption and even without an internet connection.
This application generates a lot of trust both in its users and in the artists who submit their content in it; however, its most striking function is that your users can download any type of content to listen to it whenever they want without having an internet connection.
How does Spotify use my mobile and computer memory?
Now, it’s important to clarify that cache refers to a specific portion of the storage space that software and even hardware use to save certain data. It should be noted that cache helps the software run fasterbut, in turn, it can make your device slower than normal.
Referring to the app in question, every time you play a song on Spotify, the software will automatically store it anywhere from your device’s memory, giving you the ability to play the same song without having to go directly to the application server.
With the consequence that every time listen a song on Spotify, you will have less memory on your device, so it is always necessary to clear the cache.
Store temporary and downloaded music
Spotify is a streaming platform that allows us and guarantees that we can listen to music without having to download it, but as we explained earlier, lor that you reproduce in that application Yes, it is downloaded and saved in temporary files, which accumulate on our device as we play tracks.
Now, this app has permission (so to speak) to use it only 10% of our memory capacity to save these temporary or cached files, which you could occupy in something more useful.
On the other hand, if you are a user of Spotify premium you have the option To choose where songs or playlists are stored for offline listening, it should be noted that they are not necessarily saved in MP3 format, but are saved on the local disk of your phone or computer.
Clear Spotify cache information from any device
As I mentioned earlier, Spotify is one of the largest music streaming platforms in the world, so you’re looking for ways to do that.your user experience is more comfortable and simple, that’s why, even if you don’t want to, this app stores everything you listen to in your local memory.
which can cause your device to become slower and slower, and the application not to work properly. but don’t worry below we teach you to clear your cache from any device.
Where your operating system is Windows, to clear the cache In Spotify you need to do the following:
- First you need to open the app and go to settings, searching put aside » Advanced configuration ».
- Then you should look for the «Store offline songs» folder.
- Finally, select and delete all files found in that folder.
On the iPhone
To clear Spotify cache on iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Locate the Spotify app and open it, heading to the settings area right at the top right.
- It will instantly open a list of options where you need to locate the section from «Storage information», by clicking on it.
- Once you’re there, you’ll be able to see how the app shows you how busy your phone is. «Clear cache» option, which you need to click.
- Then you need to confirm this operation by clicking on «Clear cache».
The process for remove Spotify caching on an Android operating system is practical as than the iPhone.
Just open the application, access the file SETTINGS and later to the storage space where you will find the option «Clear cache» and confirm the operation.
Once you have done this trial you will see how in the storage information area of the section from cache, since the space occupied by it is free.
What other methods can I use to avoid clearing the Spotify cache?
As I mentioned earlier, Spotify cache is only useful when you are a premium Spotify user, because you can play tracks offline, so if you use Spotify in its normal version has this on your device. It won’t do you any good, so this would be the best option to free up some of the space the app takes up.
However, you can also choose to install the Lite version of this application, uses less data, battery and storage.
On the other hand, there is the option to delete what you downloaded directly from the application, you must follow the steps below:
- First of all you have to go to the application and look for the «Library» option.
- The «Library» section is divided into three more options: albums, artists and playlists, with the advantage of editing the latter. There you need to select the option from which you want to delete the content.
- Then we need to locate the «Downloads» section in which we select the one that contains the one we want to get rid of.
Clearing the cache
If you want to clear the cache from the computer, you need to follow the steps below:
- The first You need to open your Google browser by going to the three dots in the top right of the window.
- Now, click «More tools» and then click » Delete browsing history ».
- Then you need to select a period time to delete everything, select «All periods».
- You must click later box of images and cache files ”, finally by clicking «Delete data».
If you want to clear your phone’s cache (either Android or iPhone), you need to access your device settings, looking for the «Applications» section, there you will find the list of all the applications you have installed on your phone. Then select, click the application from which you want to clear the cache, and once inside, locate the «Clear cache» option and confirm the operation.