Obtaining root user privileges on your Realme GT Neo device is an extremely simple and fast job, which you will check through this tutorial.
Besides the fact that we make regular backups and keep our terminal always up to date, obtaining root access on Realme GT Neo is something very important that we can do to the mobile device.
|mark||The real me|
|Method||Extract and fix boot.img from the official Realme GT Neo firmware|
Index – What is Root – Profits – Warnings and disadvantages – Realme GT Neo requirements – Previous settings of Realme GT Neo – Start Root on Realme GT Neo – Unlock the Realme GT Neo Bootloader – Check Bootloader Realme GT Neo – Check Root Realme GT Neo – Relua – Step by step video tutorial
Can’t find boot.img ?, check this
What does root mean?
Super user or root is the common name given to administrator user accounts that have full privileges in all access modes (single user or multi user).
Likewise, rooting or rooting a phone is a tactic that allows the user of a mobile device with an Android operating system to gain privileged access to the system in a manner similar to administrative permissions on Unix or Linux systems, allowing any system limit to be crossed, and, also software that may be required by the manufacturer and / or network operator.
What are the advantages of rooting Realme GT Neo?
- Simply remove all types of Bloatware and uninstall potentially unproductive system applications.
- Possibility to gain additional storage space.
- Adapt any advanced configuration in the system, such as unlocking Realme GT Neo, changing our IMEI number and / or MAC address, as well as overclocking CPU and / or GPU and much more.
- Ability to use software programmed only for smartphones that have permissions for superusers
- Create, format, and customize partitions (Warning! This is very dangerous for the integrity of the device).
- Create backups of all partitions, as well as the ability to export the entire rom.
Attention and disadvantages that we must keep in mind
- Your equipment will lose the warranty of the manufacturer.
- Threat of malicious applications that receive permission from the superuser.
- Risk of data damage or loss during or after the process, in which case I recommend that you back up before proceeding with root.
- The software on your computer may be corrupted, it is recommended that you make sure that you can get an original copy of your rom if necessary.
- OTA updates (Through the air) will become inoperable.
- A computer that has Windows OS W7 or later, 32-bit or 64-bit.
- A Micro USB data transfer cable.
- Download one of the updated versions of the MTKroot v2.5.5 program for Realme GT Neo.
- Download the boot.img file or the original rom for your Realme GT Neo mobile phone, preferably from the official download support.
Yes you can’t get firmware for Realme GT Neo You can extract the boot.img file directly from Realme GT Neo by simply following the steps in this tutorial.
Configure Realme GT Neo
Before you get started, you need to make some specific arrangements of the Realme GT Neo configuration, which essentially deals with Enable OEM unlocking With Enable USB debugging.
Both settings are integrated in the developer section, which you must activate in advance pressing 7 times continuously in the section:
System-> Phone information -> Construction number or software version.
Tutorial to easily root Realme GT Neo
First, you will need to extract the contents of the previously downloaded package to your Windows desktop and then run the MTKroot v2.5.5 software.
Click Drivers -> Qualcomm and complete the driver installation.
Also, repeat these steps exactly to install the drivers ADB.
Note: The MTKroot v2.5.5 tool already has all the updated drivers required for Realme GT Neo.
Log in below Realme GT Neo on your computer using a USB data port, and then click Restart USB.
Click in the upper left corner of the text There is no boot !! -> Task, find the boot.img file and click the button once Process patch.
The Magisk Manager program will open automatically on Realme GT Neo, perform the steps that will appear on the screen to correct the boot.
Then click the button ADB test and wait a moment until you can see the phrase «Device detected«That’s when you have to click Go to Fastboot.
Wait a moment while your Realme GT Neo starts charging options, click Test Fastboot.
Again, you have to wait until you can see the text ‘Device found‘to move on to the next step.
Unlocking the boot loader on Realme GT Neo devices
Next we will launch the Realme GT Neo bootloader, another task that you can do in 100% automatic mode.
But remember that you should ignore this procedure in case you have opened it on another occasion.
Click on Test Bootloader to check the bootloader status.
If you need to open the bootloader in Realme GT Neo, then click the button Release Bootloader -> Accept and follow the instructions that appear projected on the screen of your mobile device.
Don’t forget to press give the volume louder to authorize.
Important: When the bootloader launches, your computer will be reset to its original state.
Due to this, it is highly recommended to back up or optionally copy photos, contacts, files, etc. on an SD memory card.
After unlocking the bootloader, the next step is to complete the process and leave the computer rooted.
Scroll to the upper left corner of the MTKroot v2.5.5 application and select the root option, then click the Root button at the bottom.
Almost immediately, your Realme GT Neo computer will be rooted, so you will be able to see the message “OK” both on your phone and at the same time in the MTKroot v2.5.5 window.
Then click the button Exit Fastboot and your Realme GT Neo phone will return to the system.
When your terminal has started completely, click once Applications -> Install Magisk and make sure the Magisk Manager application is actually on your Realme GT Neo desktop.
To use the Magisk Manager application, you need to connect the Realme GT Neo to the Internet, either via Wi-Fi or mobile networks.
To finish you just have to press the button Check Root -> followed by To accept and nothing more.
Note: If the application does not install, click the button once REMOVE, wait two seconds and click again Install Magisk Manager.
Abbreviation of the method
Video tutorial guide to root your Realme GT Neo Smartphone