In this tutorial I will explain how to remove root privileges on phones Oukitel WP12.
Although it may seem complex at first, the truth is that compared to others, you will be happy when you realize how simple this root process is.
Tutorial index – What is Root – Profits – Warnings and disadvantages – Oukitel WP12 requirements – Previous settings of Oukitel WP12 – Start Root on Oukitel WP12 – Unlock Oukitel WP12 Bootloader – Check the Oukitel WP12 Bootloader – Check Root Oukitel WP12 – Relua – Step by step video tutorial
Having trouble finding the boot.img file ?, then check this
What is rooting?
Super user or root It is the common name that is assigned to user accounts that have full rights to all access, both for a single user and for multiple users.
Rooting a computer is a procedure that allows users of an Android phone to gain privileged access in a manner similar to the administrative permissions of Unix or Linux systems, bypassing any system and software restrictions that may be imposed by manufacturers, or network. operators.
Advantages when rooting Oukitel WP12
- Ability to remove all types of Bloatware in a simple way, as well as to delete inoperable system applications.
- Possibility to obtain additional capacity for internal storage.
- Modify complex system parameters, for example release, reset our terminal’s IMEI, MAC address, overclock the processor among many possibilities.
- Possibility to use applications specially designed for those mobile phones conditioned by root permissions.
- Formatting, modifying and creating new partitions in memory (doing this can be very dangerous).
- Make full backups or backups, or export the firmware as well.
Caution and warnings to consider
- Your phone will lose the warranty offered by the manufacturer.
- You risk malicious applications gaining superuser rights
- The threat of damage or loss of information during or after the process, for which I recommend in any case to create a backup before going to the root.
- The firmware / ROM of the mobile phone may be damaged, it is recommended to be sure that you can get an original copy of your rom, if necessary.
- Support for FOTA updates will be canceled.
- A computer running Windows OS w7 / w10 or later, either 32-bit or 64-bit.
- A connector for transferring USB data to Micro USB.
- Download the MTKroot v2.5.5 program for Oukitel WP12 on your computer.
- Download the original firmware for your Oukitel WP12 smartphone from where you will need to get the boot.img file, if possible, from the manufacturer’s support and download website.
Yes You can’t find the original firmware of your Oukitel WP12 phone You have the alternative to access the boot.img file directly from the terminal in an easy way by doing the steps in this tutorial.
Set up your mobile phone
The first thing you should do is continue to configure the settings needed for this process, which basically consists of Enable USB debugging Yes Enable OEM unlocking.
Both settings are in the developer panel, which you must activate in advance. pressing 7 times followed in the box;
Settings-> Device information -> software version or Construction number.
Root your Oukitel WP12 easily
First, extract the contents of the previously downloaded file to your Windows desktop and then launch the MTKroot v2.5.5 application.
Click Drivers -> Qualcomm and complete the installation of the appropriate drivers.
Perform the same steps to complete the driver installation ADB.
Note: The MTKroot v2.5.5 utility contains all the updated drivers that are required by the Oukitel WP12.
Then log in Oukitel WP12 with your computer through a Micro USB data port and then click the button once Restart USB.
Click in the upper left area of the tab There is no boot !! -> Task, open the boot.img file and click the button Process patch.
The Magisk Manager utility will open automatically on your phone, follow the steps you will see on the screen to correlate the boot.
Then click the button once ADB test and wait a moment until you can see the message «Device detected‘there you have to click Go to Fastboot.
Now wait for the team Oukitel WP12 start with Fastboot mode, then click the button Test Fastboot.
Then wait until you can see the line ‘Device found‘before moving on to the next step.
Unlock the bootloader on Oukitel WP12
In the next step it is your turn to unlock the bootloader from your computer, something essential that you can do with a simple click.
It is advisable to ignore the operation if you have already launched it at another time.
Click the button Test Bootloader to check if it is already unlocked.
If you need to open the bootloader on Oukitel WP12 just click Release Bootloader -> Accept and then follow the signals that will be reflected on your device screen.
You will have to press the key give the volume louder to authorize.
Important: When you open the bootloader, the mobile phone will be restored to its original state.
For this reason, you should consider backing up or, if you prefer, backing up contacts, photos, files, and other personal data in external or SD memory.
With the launch of the bootloader, the next level is to complete this tutorial, finally leaving Oukitel WP12 with the appropriate root privileges.
Scroll to the top of the MTKroot v2.5.5 software and select the root alternative, then click the Root button on the opposite side.
Almost immediately Oukitel WP12 will be rooted and you will see the “OK” line reflected in the Oukitel WP12 device and in the MTKroot v2.5.5 utility.
Then you have to click Exit Fastboot to restart the terminal will restart the system.
Once Oukitel WP12 has started completely, you need to click Applications -> Install Magisk and verify that the Magisk Manager application has been installed on your computer.
To use the Magisk Manager application, you must first connect your Smartphone to the Internet, either via mobile networks or Wi-Fi.
And finally you just have to press the button Check Root -> then To accept and that’s it.
Note: If the application cannot be installed, press REMOVE, wait two seconds and click the button again Install Magisk Manager.
Abbreviation of the procedure
Step-by-step video tutorial on how to root your Oukitel WP12 mobile phone