If you have assumed that rooting your Elephone M2 will be a difficult task, you will change your criteria in the following article.
Range Elephone M2 These are mobile phones that, once rooted, offer the user various methods to optimize overall performance in a very easy way, change their rom, and take full control of the system.
Article index What is Root Profits Warnings and disadvantages Requirements Elephone M2 Elephone M2 presets Root your Elephone M2 Unlock the Elephone M2 Bootloader Check Elephone M2 Bootloader Check Root Elephone M2 ResumeStep by step video tutorial
What is rooting?
Super user or root is the common name that is assigned to administrator user accounts that have full rights to all forms of access (single user and multiple user).
Rooting a mobile device is a technique that allows Android mobile phone users to gain privileged access in a manner similar to administrative permissions on Linux systems, which also allows them to break any system and hardware impediments imposed by the manufacturer or network operator.
Advantages of rooting Elephone M2
- To be able to remove all types of Bloatware in a simple way and get rid of system applications considered unnecessary.
- Possibility to obtain additional memory for internal storage.
- Adapt any advanced settings in the system, such as unlocking Elephone M2, restoring our IMEI number, MAC address, overclocking and more.
- Use utilities created for rooted mobile phones.
- Delete, split, and format new partitions in memory (can be very dangerous for the integrity of the device).
- Create backups or backups of all partitions or also export the entire rom.
Attention and disadvantages that must always be taken into account
- Your equipment will no longer be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Threat of malicious applications that obtain permission from the superuser.
- Threat of damage or loss of data during the process, in which case it is advisable in any case to make a backup before starting the root.
- The ROM of the Elephone M2 terminal may be damaged, it is advisable to make sure that you can get a flashable copy of your ROM if necessary.
- Support for OTA updates (Through the air) will be disabled.
Requirements for this method
- A computer running Windows XP / W7 / 8 or a newer operating system, whether 32 or 64 bits.
- A USB data cable.
- Download one of the updated versions of the MTKroot v2.5.5 utility for your Elephone M2 phone.
- Download the original version for your Elephone M2 device from which you will need to get the boot.img file, if possible, from the official download site.
Note: If you cannot find the original firmware for Elephone M2, you can easily get the boot.img file directly from your phone by following the steps in this tutorial.
Setting up the Elephone M2
Before you continue, you need to make some changes specific to your terminal options, which are brief Enable USB debugging that Enable OEM unlocking.
These settings are collected in the developer section, which you must activate beforehand pressing seven times successively on the section ->
Device settings-> System information -> Construction number.
Tutorial to root your Elephone M2 easily
You must first extract the contents of the previously downloaded file to your Windows computer and run the MTKroot v2.5.5 program.
Click the Drivers -> button Mediatek and install the drivers.
Also, repeat these steps with the driver installation ADB.
Note: The MTKroot v2.5.5 program already includes the USB and Fastboot drivers that are required by the Elephone M2 device.
Then connect the Elephone M2 terminal to the computer via the USB data connector and then click the button once Restart USB.
Click in the top left area There is no boot !! -> Task, add the boot.img file, and then click the button Process patch.
The Magisk Manager software will start automatically on your computer, follow the steps you will see on the screen to create the patch.
Then you have to click ADB test and wait a second until the message «Device detected«That’s when you have to click the button Go to Fastboot.
Now wait until your Elephone M2 phone starts charging options and click the button Test Fastboot.
Then pay until the «Device Found» line appears before moving on to the next step.
How to open the bootloader on Elephone M2 terminals
Then you will need to unlock the Elephone M2 charger, an essential operation that you will apply with a single click.
You must exclude this procedure if you have unlocked it on another occasion.
Click on Test Bootloader if you need to check its condition.
If you deem it necessary release the Elephone M2 bootloader just click the button Release Bootloader -> Accept and follow the signals that appear on the Elephone M2 screen.
Don’t forget to press the key give the volume louder to be able to continue.
Important: When you unlock the bootloader, your Elephone M2 system will return to its original state.
For this reason, it is highly recommended that you back up or optionally copy contacts, photos, files, and other data to your Micro SD external memory card.
Once you have launched the bootloader, the following will complete the tutorial leaving Elephone M2 with the appropriate root privileges.
Go to the top left corner of the tool and check the root option, then click the Root button at the bottom once.
In less than 5 seconds, your Elephone M2 device will be rooted, so you will see the word «OK» reflected on the Elephone M2 screen and in the MTKroot v2.5.5 window.
Then click the button Exit Fastboot to return the phone, Elephone M2 will restart the Android system.
Once the device restarts completely, you need to click the button Applications -> Install Magisk and make sure the Magisk Manager application is in the Elephone M2 panel.
For the Magisk Manager application to work properly, you need to connect your Elephone M2 to the Internet via mobile or wi-fi networks.
To finish just click the button Check Root -> below To accept and that’s it.
Note: If the application cannot be installed, click REMOVE, wait a few seconds and click Install Magisk Manager.
- Start the MTKroot v2.5.5 tool and then connect your Elephone M2 to your computer.
- Restart the Elephone M2 phone with quick boot options by pressing the button Go to Fastboot -> Test Fastboot.
- If necessary, unlock the bootloader by clicking Release Bootloader.
- Finally select the option root and press the button Root.
Step by step video tutorial to root Elephone M2