There are several ways to add the file in Photoshop golden effect on imagesYou have to keep in mind that this type of effect can be applied to any type of image, be it animals, people, objects and even a predetermined text.
Editing photos through Photoshop is something that is increasingly used both for large commercials and for people who love photography, it is a world where you can create anything you imagine and you can even add or add effects to nature among the best known of which we can find the realistic effect of water reflection.
Not only that, thanks to the wonders of photo editing, we can decide who we want in our images and even if we want to change our physical appearance, because we can change the color of the eyes and much more, just let your imagination fly.
This is how the image is prepared to apply the golden color
To apply the golden color to an image, the first thing you need to do is prepare it so you can add the golden color, just follow these steps:
Duplicating the image is the first thing you need to do, it should be noted that this duplicate belongs to the original image we are going to work on, for this you need to sit on the image layer and you have to press Ctrl / cmd + J.
Then you need to rasterize the image you have already duplicated, to do this you need to:
- Select the duplicate layer
- You need to right click on the duplicate layer
- Finally, continue with Layer Rasterization
This way you can create a metallic effect in Photoshop CS6
To achieve this effect in our images, we must use the filters they provide us Photoshop CS6 or CC 2017With these filters we can change our image until we reach the desired texture.
An interesting fact is that once you have this effect, you can save as a template texture and so you use it in new projects.
To get the metallic effect in an image, you need to follow these steps:
Black and white adjustment
The first step you need to take to get the metallic effect is to adjust the color of the image, for this you need to:
- Create a new layer, which you need to color in a shade where it should be a gray scale predominates.
- Then you need to add a filter, the most recommended to get the metallic effect is the noise filter, When selecting it, you need to choose the uniform and monochrome options.
- The next step is to grade the filter percentage and then select Monochrome again.
- To get the right tone, the next step is to select a new filter, the most appropriate is Blur of movement.
- Once you apply the Motion Blur filter, you will notice that the center of the image looks different from the edges of the image, so to look the same, you need to stretch the image so that it is uniform.
- The last step, if you want, you can add some details so that the metallic effect looks more realistic.
To invert the image you must:
- The first thing you should do is select the image you want to edit.
- Once you have selected the image, you need to switch the Flip the image options to get the desired result.
- In general, the programs we download from the Photoshop page, have tools, which you can use to get better results when editing images.
Flipping or rotating an image in Photoshop is a very simple thing to do, you don’t have to be a professional to use a photo editing program.
Combine the layers
Layers in image editing, helps to create a more attractive composition of each image, not to mention that the layers allow the editor to alternate with the elements of each.
If you have too many layers in the same image, it is better to do this combine them in groups so you can manage them better. The layers can be grouped as follows:
- You can combine them using Options menu.
- Tie the layers without combining them
- Use the technique of combining several layers into one
- You can bind layers so you can edit and move them, but they will never be grouped together.
What is the way to apply the golden color to a metallic layer?
It is very simple, it must be used a gradient that changes from yellow to black, but you can also play with the colors you have, this way you will get a different shade of gold.
- The first thing you should do is select image layer with metallic texture.
- Then a gradient map adjustment layer must be created
- In this part it is important to adjust the color of the Gradient Map layer, these adjustments must be made in properties section.
- Finally, it must be selected as the first option a dark yellow (c99c28) and the second color must be black. Both colors must have 100% opacity.
Here are the steps to apply the golden color to the required parts
With the previous procedure, we managed to give it a golden color, but if we look closely at the image, we can see that the golden color is on the whole image, now what we will do is adjust so that the color is only in the necessary parts.
Group of layers
The first thing you need to do is right click, we create a group of layersOnce the group is created, you need to select it.
Then you need to create a layer mask, which needs to be inverted, to do this you need to position yourself on the mask and press Ctrl / cmd + I or, if you prefer, select the option Image, adjustments and reversal.
At this point we need to select the brush tool, then you have to place the white color in front and the black color in the background.
Move on paint over the mask with white color and then color with golden color, front black color, this way we cover the errors, if any.
We have to paint all the parts we want with the golden effect, you have to do it with be very calm and you have time to do it, to get an excellent result.
Adjusting the curves
Finally we need to create a layer of curve adjustments, to do this we need to right click on the Curves layer, then select the option. Create a cutting mask and adjust the curve to darken and lighten the parts of the image we want.