If you are part of that small group of people who are still not fully clear how to factory reset of an iPhone or iPad, this article is made to explain all the necessary steps as well as the different methods that exist and that you can use.
What happens when I factory reset my Apple iPhone?
Like any other mobile device, reset an iPhone to factory settings or iPad, it will continue to erase absolutely all data that has been saved on your computer. That is, the following will be deleted:
- Applications that the user has previously installed
- Files downloaded or sent from another mobile device or PC
- Configuration and customization made by the user
- Application data
- Photos, videos and any type of multimedia file
Once the restoration process is complete, the same phone system will ask you configure the most basic aspects. Once this is done, it is time for you to log into the system itself and start downloading the information and applications. Although, preferably, we recommend that you create a backup copy of WhatsApp and all applications before continuing with the format.
What should I do before resetting my Apple iPhone or iPad?
Rather than calling them steps, these are several considerations you need to consider before resetting an iPhone or iPad to factory settings. These considerations are:
Backup all your information
You can do this in different ways, and there are different applications for each Apple device that you can use. Whether you’re using iCloud, a third-party app, or yourself, you need to save all your information. If possible, find a way to save your previous configuration so that when you download the backup, you don’t need to make all adjustments manually.
Update your iTunes system well
It seems a very obvious fact, but you have to believe us when we tell you that, not paying attention to this detail, many phones had problems with formatting. So, avoid falling into these types of problems and check if you have the latest version of iTunes. Once you’ve verified this, you can easily format an iPad mini AND reset it to factory settings.
Don’t forget how many passwords or devices
You may need to enter a password to continue formatting your phone or iPad. This is vital if you want to reset the device to factory settings, although we must say that this will depend on configuration that has the same device.
What other ways are there to reset your Apple iPhone or iPad?
Everything I mentioned allows you keep your information safe and with backup after formatting on the phone itself. But if you feel insecure or not yet clear on how to do this, you can choose one of the following options that we will mention below.
From the computer
To use this method, you must have a special program for Apple devices that allows you to restore the factory settings. The most viable option is use Dr fone.
It is an extremely simple program and is perfect for users who have no experience in formatting the phone. In fact, it is considered to be the best alternative for fast formatting of Apple devices. The steps you need to follow are:
- Download and install the program depending on the operating system you have
- Once you’ve installed it, keep running it
- Connect the device you want to format, and then continue to select one of the options that the same program shows you. You don’t have to worry, because the same program automatically detects your device after you connect it.
- Keep choosing the option to delete the data and the program will deal with the absolute elimination of everything that is stored on the device.
For this method, you have several alternatives for connecting your phone to your computer, you can do it with a USB cable or you can connect it through a Wi Fi network. If you opt for the second option, you need to do synchronization between computer and phones via the wireless network.
Now you have to run the iTunes application on your computer and tap the icon that looks like a phone. You can find this in one of the corners of the screen, right next to the Music option. Once you select it, you need to go to the Summary option.
At this point, you need to click Restore and then follow the steps in the program window. Basically, you have to wait for the process to complete to disconnect your device and download all information which you saved in the backup.
Instead of being a way to format your Apple device, it’s more of an alternative to recovering all the information that was lost after the formatting process. Steps to restore an iCloud deviceThey are extremely simple and you can make them from the same phone.
You just have to:
- Access system settings
- Later select your name or the name you chose
- Choose the iCloud option and from there, Manage storage and then finish with Backups.
- From here, you just need to choose a device from the list that appears. note the date and size of the backup, as it may take more or less time to download the backup.