In addition to taking care of everything about hardware security, such as positioning surveillance cameras or entering complicated passwords in any usable portal on our computer, it is also important to pay special attention to the security of our software. stores our information personal and confidential.
Knowing from head to toe all types of malware that can invade your devices and invade your privacy is of the utmost importance. importance when you register on Twitter or any type of social network that requires access to your information.
One of the first security measures What you should take when you want to register on any website is to learn everything about setting up Instagram and other digital portals. To have more control over those who enter our profile and to improve our levels of cyber security.
What is data encryption?
Data encryption appears as a computerized database in which legible information for coding sent from one device to another through a website or an installed application such as WhatsApp. It can only be decrypted with the security key sent with the message or directly with the one granted with the portal used.
This encryption is end-to-end to stay high safety of all users, who use this type of portal to share confidential information of companies or corporations, as well as for the average user with their personal information.
In addition to providing a better standard for cybersecurity, data encryption works as a guarantee seal and the authenticity of the main origin of the message.
There are two types of data encryption:
- Symmetric data encryption: What happens when the sent message is directly encrypted and sent with a predefined key that only the devices involved will know, it can be shared or not, for the knowledge of a third party.
- Asymmetric data encryption: It is used when the message to be sent consists of two passwords to decrypt it, one is held by the sender and the other by the receiver, so it is possible to detect it only by the devices or accounts involved.
If we rely solely on the speed with which messages are sent and received, symmetric type encryption is more effectivelyHowever, if we consider the level of security offered, asymmetric encryption is much more viable, because it is possible to decrypt it only by the receiver.
What is a data encryption attack?
An attack on data encryption consists of interference in data coding which comes from sending any message that has this security system.
It is also known as cryptanalysis because it consists of a tiny search in the encrypted messages to find the hidden message or even worse, to decipher the errors in the character algorithms that make up the code.
How many types of data encryption are there and what does each consist of?
Due to the complexity of this task, the attack on data encryption requires a computer with an operating system that allows cryptanalysis, as well as the software that helps to decode it, and due to the variety of software, it can be done in several different ways, but here are the most common:
- Dynamically chosen ciphertext, this is done when the attacker manually searches the encrypted text to find the key or values searched for.
- Algebraic attacks, which is the search for the desired data, from algebraic codes when it is known to be a code of numbers or digits.
- Brute force attack, which is done when any of the data to be deciphered is known and we test them only at random.
- Dictionary attackIt is a somewhat tedious method, as it is done by testing all possible keys based on the data provided by the original message and using a language dictionary.
We need to keep in mind that, share any kind of Important information on web pages, it involves an imminent risk, because as we have already mentioned, there are many ways to access it and violate your security, although this seems very far away.