Archive.org or better known as internet time machine is a web page that has a unique quality and that saves a file from time to time from a large number of web pages that exist and does so even if the page crashed at some point
This ambitious project saves more than its databases 549 billion of web pages on the Internet being the quintessential web page you can go to for old information of a web that interests you, you can know things like the date of publication of a web page
No matter if your website is created with Google Sities, the Internet Archive will read your website and add it to its catalog soon.
What kind of archives does Archive.org keep?
The largest virtual library in the world stores the following types of files: the most important collections include the following:
- Websites: all types of websites, has a database of over 549B, no doubt impressive, given that it is on the same website and is available for anyone to enter and get what you need for free.
- Books: has more than 29 million books, of all kinds and browsing the web you will see that they are especially old books, between 1800 and 1950, you will find on this web all these books which, to be honest, are quite good
It covers topics such as: Poetry, neoliberal thinking, historical events (it has almost all the books that talk about it), although it also has 139,000 books from 2020, which makes it it is more than updated.
- Video: with more than 6.7M is one of the sites that stores the most video files in the world, competes, but does not reach YouTube and Facebook, but hey is one the delight of world heritage.
- Audio: more than 14 million audio on the platform, a wide variety, from all eras, cultures, songs and others, is the grossest in the world.
- 2.2 million TV shows, this figure is incredible considering the other copyrights, however it somehow manages to get out of the manga and classic classics of novels and movies from the 80s, 90s and two thousand, offering a excellent quality and even the ability to download them, so most of the video content on this platform is in the public domain and anyone can use it freely, this library is responsible for collecting all the expiring copyrighted content. and collects them to be easy and massive network distribution.
- Software: More than 645K free or expired copy software available for download to your computer in a single click, it’s never been easier to have one huge availability computer software.
- Images: over 3.8 M (millions) of images stored in this database, you no longer need images for anything, here are a lot of them.
- Podcast: more than 225 million podcasts (radio programs) saved in its database, could last a lifetime and you would not finish listening to them.
- Collections: over 1 million special collections (different content groups) offered by this website.
So, as you can see, you can’t just see what a website was like beforeIf not, you can analyze and see information about other things that can help you.
How to view an old web page
This is extremely easy, you do not need previous experience or knowledge, you just need to follow these steps:
- Open Archive.org
- Enter the link in the time machine
- Once you’ve found the webpage, you’ll see something like this:
For example, the social network that is the largest in the world today, looked like this on June 1, 2009, Like any great project, it started to look small until it became the most important social network in the world or at least one of the most used social networks in the world.
You can use it so easily and so quickly virtual library the biggest so far, so I hope you found the information useful.