Schedule automatic shutdown in Windows 10 It is one of the functions that the operating system offers to its users and which is very useful when you want to make sure that your computer will be shut down for a while. There are several automatic shutdown methods in Windows, so in just a few minutes, you’ll have it set up. Let’s see how you can close Windows 10 in a few steps.
Methods for scheduling automatic disconnection from your computer in a few steps
Schedule automatic shutdown in Windows allows us to turn off the computer at a certain time without using any advanced technology. This is very useful when we go out, but we need a file to be downloaded or when we forgot to stop it and we will be away from home for a while. The methods we will see to do this configuration and close Windows are as follows.
Automatic shutdown by stop command
One of the ways you can make Windows close is through the tool Run. With this option you can configure Windows to shut down automatically. To do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key and type the word Run
- Then type the command “shutdown –s –t [número]”. In the «number» section you have to enter the seconds you want the computer to take to stop. The shutdown command is a command configured for a few seconds, so if you want Windows to take a few minutes to shut down, you can do so by converting to seconds
- After you run this command, Windows will notify you of the exact date and time when the shutdown will occur automatically
Automatic shutdown on the control console
Another way to do this settings for Windows 10 to close, is from control console. The steps you need to follow are:
- Press the Windows key and type the CMD command. The Command Prompt screen will open
- Inside the control console, you need to enter “shutdown –s –t [número]»Where the number will be the second Windows will be configured to shut down
Windows will send you a notification about the automatic shutdown date. It is a similar method to the previous one, although it is a bit slower. However, in the end the same command is used, which is stop, and the result will be similar.
Automatic shutdown of Windows 10 Task Scheduler
Another way is schedule automatic shutdown from the task scheduler. To do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to the Windows search bar and enter the word «Tasks» to access the «Task Scheduler»
- Select Create a basic task and name it «Close». Check the «Once» option and continue
- Then select the date and time you want the computer to shut down and click Next
- In the next step you need to link a program file to run the command. To do this, you need to go to Starting a program and select the C / Windows / System32 path
- Select the shutdown.exe file. Click to open it. File stop selected
- All that’s left is to enter «-s» in the Add argument and click Next
The settings for disabling Windows 10 will be configured according to the set time and will no longer be permanently activated.
By following these two procedures and without having to install any programs, you now have the option to easily configure Windows 10 to shut down automatically all at once. You will also be able to resolve other errors on your computer, such as solution for black wallpaper or the problem when Windows 10 will not start. Computer science will have no secrets for you!
Did you know …
Prior to the development of the first Windows, the project was codenamed «Interface Manager»
Was it useful to you? Loading …