In today’s post we will explain how to root your mobile phone Nokia X20.
Nokia X20 are mobile phones that, after getting the superuser in them, allow the user various methods to improve performance in general and very easily, change the ROM and take full control over the operating system of that mobile phone.
Content index – What is Root – Profits – Warnings and disadvantages – Nokia X20 requirements – Previous Nokia X20 settings – Root your Nokia X20 – Unlock your Nokia X20 Bootloader – Check the Nokia X20 Bootloader – Check Root Nokia X20 – Relua – Step by step video tutorial
Problems finding boot.img ?, then check this
What does root mean?
Root or Super user It is the common name that is assigned to administrator user accounts that have all the privileges in all access types (single user and multiple user).
Rooting or rooting a phone is the process that gives users of a mobile phone with an Android operating system access to privileged access in a manner similar to administrative permissions on Linux or Unix machines, allowing them to transfer any system and hardware reductions. which may be established by the manufacturer and / or network operators.
What are the advantages of rooting Nokia X20?
- Easily uninstall all types of Bloatware, as well as remove unproductive applications from your system.
- You can get extra storage capacity.
- Adapt complex system parameters, such as unlocking, changing the IMEI number of your Nokia X20 or MAC address, CPU / GPU overclocking, among many others.
- To be able to use applications designed exclusively for mobile phones that have root permissions.
- Resize, format, and create new partitions (this can be extremely dangerous for the device).
- Create complete solutions and you can export the complete rom.
Precautions and inconveniences that you must always take into account
- The equipment will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Danger of malicious applications gaining superuser rights.
- Threaten with damage or data corruption during or after the procedure, so it is recommended that you make a backup copy before starting the root process.
- The firmware / ROM of your terminal may be damaged, it is recommended that you ensure that you can obtain a valid copy of the ROM if necessary.
- Support for FOTA updates (Firmware Over The Air) will be disabled.
- PC with any version of Windows OS XP / 7 or later, on both 32-bit and 64-bit microarchitectures.
- A cable for USB data transfer.
- Download a recent version of the MTKroot v2.5.5 utility for your Nokia X20 device.
- Download the original version of the terminal to extract boot.img, if possible, from the manufacturer’s support and download website.
Yes I can’t find the memory of my Nokia X20 Alternatively, you can extract the boot.img file directly from your smartphone by simply following the steps in this tutorial.
Set up Nokia X20
The first step is to make specific changes to the Nokia X20 settings that you go through Enable USB debugging that unlock OEM.
The two settings are in the developer section, which you must unlock in advance pressing 7 times continuously above the box:
Menu-> Device information -> Construction number or software version.
Root your Nokia X20 mobile phone easily
To get started, extract the previously downloaded file to your Windows PC desktop, and then run the MTKroot v2.5.5 application.
Click the Drivers -> button Qualcomm and complete the installation of the specific drivers.
In the same way, repeat the step with the installation in drivers -> ADB.
Note: MTKroot v2.5.5 has the necessary drivers for Nokia X20.
Connect your Nokia X20 to your computer via the USB data connector and click Restart USB.
Click in the upper left corner of the tab There is no boot !! -> Task, open the boot.img file and click Process patch.
The Magisk Manager software will start automatically on the Nokia X20, follow the on-screen instructions to correct the boot.
Then press the button ADB test and wait a moment until you can see the message «Device found‘right then you should click Go to Fastboot.
Wait a few seconds while the Nokia X20 restarts with Fastboot mode and then click Test Fastboot.
Once again you have to wait until you can read the «Device found» message before moving on to the next step.
Open the bootloader on your Nokia X20
In the next step you will need to unlock your mobile phone bootloader, another task that you will do with a simple click.
You must exclude this step if it has ever been released before.
Click the button Test Bootloader to ensure the bootloader status.
If you consider it necessary open the bootloader on Nokia X20 just click the button Release Bootloader -> Accept and then make the indications that will appear projected on the screen of your terminal.
You will have to press the key give the volume louder confirm.
Attention: When you open the bootloader, the Smartphone will return to its factory state.
For the same reason, you should consider backing up or optionally backing up photos, contacts, files, and other personal data to an external Micro SD memory.
After releasing the bootloader, the next step will be to complete the tutorial and finally leave the phone with the appropriate root access.
At the top left of the MTKroot v2.5.5 application choose the root option, then click the Root button in the opposite corner.
In just a few seconds, Nokia X20 will be rooted and you will be able to read the word “OK” reflected on the screen of your Nokia X20 smartphone and in the MTKroot v2.5.5 window.
Then click Exit Fastboot to return the computer will restart the system.
After Nokia X20 finishes restarting, you need to click Applications -> Install Magisk and verify that the Magisk Manager application is indeed installed on the Nokia X20.
For Magisk Manager to work properly, you must first connect your Nokia X20 to the Internet.
Now, to finish, just click Check Root -> then accept nothing else.
Note: If the application does not install, click REMOVE, wait two seconds and click once again Install Magisk Manager.
Indicative video tutorial for rooting your Nokia X20