Rooting a mobile device, as in the case of Elephone Z1, should not be considered a joke at all and even less should we take it lightly, so in the tutorials we usually create we always try to prevent the user from forgetting a step or basic configuration.
Elephone Z1 are mobile phones that, after getting the superuser in them, offer the user efficient methods to improve the overall performance and very easily, change the software and take complete control of your system.
content What is Root Profits Warnings and disadvantages Requirements Elephone Z1 Elephone Z1 Pre-Settings Root your Elephone Z1 Unlock the Elephone Z1 charger Check Elephone Z1 Bootloader Check Root Elephone Z1 ResumeStep by step video tutorial
What is the root?
root or Super user is the conventional name given to user accounts that have full rights to all forms of access (single or multi-user).
Rooting a phone is a procedure that allows the user of any mobile phone to gain privileged access to the system similar to the administrative permissions on Linux machines, which also allows to overcome any reduction of the system and also the hardware. imposed by the manufacturer and / or network operator.
What are the advantages of rooting Elephone Z1?
- Easily remove all types of Bloatware and uninstall potentially annoying applications from your system.
- Possibility to release additional storage capacity.
- Customize sophisticated system settings, such as unlocking the Elephone Z1, resetting the IMEI number of your mobile and / or MAC device, overclocking processors, and more.
- Use software designed exclusively for rooted mobile phones.
- Modify, split, and adapt memory partitions (Careful! This can be very dangerous for the integrity of the device.).
- Create complete fixes or backups, including the ability to export the full rom.
Precautions and warnings to consider
- The mobile phone will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Danger of malicious applications affecting superuser rights.
- Danger of damage or damage to information during or after the process, so it is recommended in any case to make a backup before starting the root.
- The firmware / rom of Elephone Z1 may be damaged, it is recommended that you make sure you can get an official copy of your ROM if necessary.
- OTA / FOTA updates will be invalidated.
Prerequisites for this method
- A Windows XP / 7/8 or higher computer, be it 32 or 64 bit.
- USB data connector.
- Download an updated version of the MTKroot v2.5.5 tool for Elephone Z1 mobile devices to your computer.
- Download the original firmware of your Elephone Z1 phone from where you will need to extract the boot.img component, if possible, from the official download page.
Note: If you cannot get the original rom for Elephone Z1, you can always get the boot.img component directly from Elephone Z1 by following this tutorial.
Set up your Elephone Z1 mobile device
Before you continue, you need to make some changes to your mobile phone’s settings, they are mainly concerned Unlock OEM And also Enable USB debugging.
These options are gathered in the developer section, which you must activate in advance. pressing seven times continuously above the box ->
Terminal settings-> System information -> Construction number.
Take root Elephone Z1 step by step
To get started, you’ll need to unzip the contents of the file before downloading it to your computer’s desktop and start the MTKroot v2.5.5 tool.
Click Drivers -> Mediatek and complete the installation of the appropriate drivers.
Repeat these steps to perform the installation on drivers -> ADB.
Note: The MTKroot v2.5.5 application already includes all the necessary drivers for Elephone Z1.
Then connect your Elephone Z1 to your computer using the USB port and click the button Restart USB.
Click in the upper left corner of the text There is no boot !! -> Task, add the upload file, and then click the button Process patch.
The Magisk Manager application will start automatically in your terminal, follow the instructions you will see on the screen to correlate the boot.
Then you have to click ADB test and once the phrase «Device Detected» appears, you need to click the button Go to Fastboot.
Wait a few seconds for the Smartphone Elephone Z1 launch the Fastboot options and click the button Test Fastboot.
Later, you must participate until the «Device Detected» line appears before you can proceed to the next paragraph.
Unlock the bootloader on the Elephone Z1
In the next step we will continue to open the Elephone Z1 charger, an operation that we will help you do with a single click.
But don’t forget that you will have to exclude the operation if you unlocked it on another occasion.
Click the button Test Bootloader to check the bootloader status.
If you think you need to open your Elephone Z1 bootloader, just click the button Release Bootloader -> Accept and follow the tips projected on your smartphone screen.
Press the key give the volume louder to authorize.
Important: When you open the bootloader, the Elephone Z1 system will be reset to the factory state.
For the same reason, consider backing up or simply copying contacts, photos, files, and other data to your Micro SD external memory card.
Once the bootloader is released, the next step should be to complete the process, eventually leaving the mobile device properly rooted.
At the top of the tool, choose the root option, then click Root once at the bottom.
Almost immediately the Elephone Z1 mobile device will be rooted and you will see the text “OK” on both the Elephone Z1 and the MTKroot v2.5.5 window.
Then you will need to click the button Exit Fastboot and the mobile device will return to the Android environment.
When your Elephone Z1 phone is fully charged, you need to click Applications -> Install Magisk and make sure the Magisk Manager application is actually on the Elephone Z1 desktop.
To use the Magisk Manager application, you must first connect your Elephone Z1 to the Internet, either via Wi-Fi or mobile networks.
To finish the tutorial, just press the button Check Root -> followed by To accept and that’s it.
Note: If the Magisk application is not installed for the first time, click the button once REMOVE, wait a few seconds and click once again Install Magisk.
- Open the MTKroot v2.5.5 application and then connect Elephone Z1 to your computer.
- Restart Elephone Z1 in fastboot mode by clicking the button Go to Fastboot -> Test Fastboot.
- If necessary, unlock the bootloader by clicking Release Bootloader.
- Finally select the option root and press the button Root.
Video tutorial help to root Elephone Z1