The best way to get the most out of your mobile experience Elephone S1, no doubt, is previously implementing root user permissions.
In the following paragraphs, we will provide you with another automatic procedure for root Elephone S1 devices, through which you can get root in just a few minutes.
Article index What is Root Profits Warnings and disadvantages Requirements Elephone S1 Elephone S1 Pre-Settings Root your Elephone S1 Unlock the Elephone S1 Bootloader Check Bootloader Elephone S1 Check Root Elephone S1 ResumeStep by step video tutorial
What is rooting?
Super user or root is the standard name for user accounts that have all privileges at all levels of access (single or multi-user).
Rooting or rooting a mobile device is the process that makes it easier for mobile device users to gain privileged access in a manner similar to the administrative permissions of Linux machines, which also allows you to override all hardware components and software restrictions set by the manufacturer. . network operator.
Advantages of rooting Elephone S1
- Ability to easily remove all types of Bloatware as well as delete unnecessary applications from the system.
- Get more storage memory.
- Adapt complex configurations in the system, for example, launch, change our IMEI number, MAC, overclock among many options.
- Ability to use applications designed for those teams conditioned by root permissions.
- Delete and split new partitions in internal memory (doing this can be very dangerous).
- Make backup copies of all partitions, including exporting the entire rom.
Precautions and disadvantages that we need to evaluate
- The smartphone will suspend the validity of the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Exposure to malicious applications that infringe superuser rights.
- Danger of damage or loss of data during or after the process, so it is recommended in any case to make a backup before starting the root.
- Your device software may be damaged, it is recommended that you ensure that you can obtain a valid copy of the rom if necessary.
- OTA updates (Through the air) will be canceled.
Prerequisites of the method
- A computer that has Windows XP, 7/10 or later, either 32-bit or 64-bit.
- A connector for USB data transfer.
- Download an updated version of the MTKroot v2.5.5 software for Elephone S1 on your computer.
- Download the original firmware for your mobile phone from which you will extract the charging component, if possible, from the manufacturer’s online technical support.
Note: If you cannot find the rom for your Elephone S1 phone, you have the option to have the charging component directly from the Elephone S1 by simply following the steps in this tutorial.
Configuration to be performed in the Elephone S1 terminal
The first thing we will obviously have to do is configure the settings needed for the process, which are basically Enable USB debugging as well as Enable OEM unlocking.
The two settings are integrated in the developer menu, which you must unlock in advance pressing 7 times continuously in section;
Settings-> Device information -> software version or Construction number.
How to root your Elephone S1 easily
First, you need to extract the previously downloaded files to your computer desktop and then run the MTKroot v2.5.5 program.
Click the Drivers -> button Mediatek and apply the required drivers installation.
Repeat these steps exactly to perform the driver installation -> ADB.
Note: The MTKroot v2.5.5 program has the necessary drivers for our computer to detect Elephone S1.
Connect your equipment below Elephone S1 on your computer through a data port and then click Restart USB.
Click in the upper left corner of the text There is no boot !! -> Task, find and open boot.img, then click once Process patch.
The Magisk Manager program will start automatically on your device, follow the instructions that will appear on the screen to correlate the boot.
Then you have to click the button ADB test and wait a moment until you can see the message «Device detected», then you need to click the button Go to Fastboot.
Please wait a moment for your device in the meantime Elephone S1 start with bootloader mode and then click Test Fastboot.
You’ll have to wait until the line comes out again. ‘Device found‘to move on to the next step.
Unlocking the charging charger on the Elephone S1
Then you will need to open the bootloader on your mobile phone, an essential step that will be done automatically in the same way.
It is advisable to exclude this procedure if you have done it before.
Click on Test Bootloader if you want to check its status.
If you are thinking of releasing the bootloader on Elephone S1, just click Release Bootloader -> Accept and follow the signals that are reflected on the screen of your mobile device.
press the button increase the volume to authorize.
Caution: When you release the bootloader, your Elephone S1 system will be restored to its original state.
Because of this, you should consider backing up or copying all your photos, contacts, files, and other personal data to an external SD memory.
After opening the boot program, the next step is to end the process and leave the Elephone S1 computer with root privileges.
Scroll to the top left corner of the utility and mark the root preference, then click the Root button in the opposite corner.
Your Elephone S1 device will be rooted automatically, so you will be able to read the “OK” line on your Elephone S1 as well as in the MTKroot v2.5.5 tool.
Then you have to click the button Exit Fastboot and your device will restart on your Android system.
When the Elephone S1 starts up completely, tap Applications -> Install Magisk and make sure the Magisk Manager application is actually in the mobile phone dashboard.
To use the Magisk Manager application, you need to connect your mobile phone to the Internet, either via Wi-Fi or through a network operator.
Now, to finish, just click the button Check Root -> OK and done.
Note: If the Magisk application does not install, click once REMOVE, wait a few seconds and click again Install Magisk Manager.
- Launch the MTKroot v2.5.5 application and then connect your Elephone S1 to your computer.
- Restart the Elephone S1 phone in the bootloader by clicking the button Go to Fastboot -> Test Fastboot.
- If necessary, unlock the bootloader by clicking Release Bootloader.
- Finally select the option root and press the button Root.
Step by step video tutorial on how to root Elephone S1