Make the most of Elephone P8 3D by implementing root privileges in a very easy and simple way.
Elephone P8 3D is a mobile phone that, after obtaining the superuser, offers the user efficient methods to optimize performance in general and easily, to change its ROM, as well as to take complete control over the operating system.
Content index What is Root Profits Warnings and disadvantages Requirements Elephone P8 3D Elephone P8 3D Pre-Settings Root your Elephone P8 3D Unlock Elephone P8 3D Bootloader Check out the Elephone P8 3D Bootloader Check Root Elephone P8 3D ResumeStep by step video tutorial
What is the root?
root user or Super user is the current name of user accounts that have full rights to all types of access, both for a single user and for multiple users.
Rooting a terminal consists of a procedure that makes it easy for any mobile phone user to gain privileged access to the system in a manner similar to the administrative permissions of Linux systems, which allows any hardware or software limitations imposed by the manufacturer and / or network operator to be violated.
Benefits of rooting your Elephone P8 3D
- The ability to easily remove any Bloatware as well as get rid of unproductive system applications.
- Possibility to gain more internal storage capacity.
- Adapt deep parameters in the system, such as unlocking, changing the IMEI of the smartphone, MAC address, overclocking the processor among many other possibilities.
- Possibility to use targeted applications for those smartphones that have root permissions.
- Divide, format, and resize new partitions in memory (can be extremely dangerous).
- Make full backups or backups or export all firmware.
Attention and disadvantages to evaluate
- The phone will discontinue the warranty issued by the manufacturer.
- The risk of malicious applications receiving permissions for superusers.
- Threaten with damage or loss of data during or after the process, in which case it is recommended that you always make a backup copy before starting a root process.
- The firmware of the mobile device may be damaged, it is recommended to be sure that you can get an official copy of your rom, if necessary.
- Automatic updates will be disabled.
- A computer with a Windows XP / w7 operating system or later, on both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
- Micro USB data cable.
- Download an updated version of the MTKroot v2.5.5 software for Elephone P8 3D to your computer.
- Download the original firmware or boot.img file of your Elephone P8 3D phone, preferably from the official support page.
Note: If you cannot find the firmware for Elephone P8 3D, you can easily access the upload file directly from the device by following the steps in this tutorial.
Configure the Elephone P8 3D terminal
The first thing you will do is configure the necessary settings for the next process, which are basically Enable USB debugging Besides Enable OEM unlocking.
These options can be found in the developer section, which you must have previously activated pressing seven times successively in ->
Settings-> Phone information -> software version or Construction number.
How to root Elephone P8 3D in a simple way
To get started, extract the file you downloaded to your Windows computer desktop and open the MTKroot v2.5.5 software.
Click once on Drivers -> Mediatek and complete the installation of the indicated drivers.
Also, repeat these steps to implement the driver installation ADB.
Note: The MTKroot v2.5.5 program already has all the necessary drivers for the PC to recognize the Elephone P8 3D device.
Then connect your phone Elephone P8 3D on the computer using the data port and then press the button Restart USB.
Click in the upper left area of the tab There is no boot !! -> Task, find the boot.img file and then click Process patch.
The Magisk Manager software will automatically open on your Elephone P8 3D phone, follow the instructions that will appear on the screen to correlate the boot.
Then you have to click ADB test and wait a second until you can see the text ‘Device found«Right then you need to click Go to Fastboot.
Wait while your terminal Elephone P8 3D turn on the Fastboot options, and then click Test Fastboot.
Again, you have to wait until the «Device Found» line appears to move on to the next step.
Unlock the bootloader on the Elephone P8 3D
In the next step you will need to unlock the bootloader on Elephone P8 3D, an action that you can apply completely automatically.
It is advisable to exclude the procedure if you have already launched it on another occasion.
Click Test Bootloader to ensure the bootloader status.
If you need to unlock the bootloader on your Elephone P8 3D, just click Release Bootloader -> Accept and then follow the signals that appear on your device screen.
Remember to press the button increase the volume confirm.
Caution: When you open the bootloader, your mobile phone software will be reset to its factory state.
Therefore, you should back up or copy files, contacts, photos, and so on. inside the Micro SD external drive.
After opening the boot program, there are only a few seconds left to complete the process and finally leave the Elephone P8 3D rooted.
Go to the top of the utility and select the root option, then click the root button in the bottom corner.
In just a few seconds, your Elephone P8 3D will be rooted, so the word «OK» will appear both on your mobile phone screen and in the MTKroot v2.5.5 window.
Then click once Exit Fastboot and the mobile phone will restart the system.
When your Elephone P8 3D restarts completely, press Applications -> Install Magisk and verify that the Magisk Manager application appears on the phone panel.
To use the Magisk Manager application, you need to connect your Elephone P8 3D to the Internet.
Finally, click Check Root -> then accept and ready.
Note: If the Magisk Manager application does not appear installed, click the button once REMOVE, wait a few seconds and click the button again Installation.
- Start the MTKroot v2.5.5 utility and then connect your Elephone P8 3D to your computer.
- Restart your Elephone P8 3D phone to boot loader options by clicking Go to Fastboot -> Test Fastboot.
- If necessary, unlock the bootloader by clicking Release Bootloader.
- Finally select the option root and press the button Root.
Step by step video tutorial to root your Elephone P8 3D mobile phone