The other day and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get in my Academia.edu account and for this reason, I have no choice but to start the process of resetting my Academia.edu account due to an alleged password forgetfulness. Well, in the following guide called: how to recover an Academia.edu account I will let you know the whole process you have to follow reset your Academia.edu account without any problems or inconveniences and in this way, they can reintroduce this portal for academics that allows the dissemination of certain areas of knowledge.
* By the way, you might be interested in: Register in Prezi and make the best presentations … >>
How to recover an Academia.edu account | STEP 1: Enter the Academy
The first step is to access the Academy portal itself and for that, you can simply search «academia.edu«In the Google search engine and press or click on the correct result.
How to recover an Academia.edu account | STEP 2: Go to login
Now it is necessary to go to Login to the academy and for this purpose, they will press or click on the button that says: «LOGIN«Which can be found in the upper right, both on the computer and on the mobile phone.
After the above, the Academia.edu page will load, allowing you to sign in with your email and password, as well as sign in with a connected Facebook and Google account.
Then, we will explain how to recover an Academia.edu account for those who also used the email and password option and then the recovery options of an Academia.edu account related to Facebook and Google respectively (search for your solution) .
Reset an Academia.edu account with the form · [OPCIÓN N°1, Paso #1: Recuperar cuenta]
This first option allows you to recover an Academia.edu account created with a form (email and password) and to run it, you must press or click the gray text that says: Password reset located in the upper right corner of the Password box.
When you do the above, a menu will be displayed at the bottom, where you will be asked to enter the e-mail with which they registered in Academia.edu, so that they can send them a link to restore the account and after doing so, they will press or click the blue button that says: Send me a link
With the previous click, the classic exercise (reCAPTCHA) is likely to appear to check if they are humans and not robots, do it and press or click the button that says: «Check it out«
If things went well, a new Academy page will load, indicating in English that they sent an e-mail link to restore your account.
Reset an Academia.edu account with the form · [OPCIÓN N°1, Paso #2: Revisar correo
Pues bien, se dirigirán a su correo electrónico, abrirán el mensaje que les llego de Academia y que deberá estar en la bandeja de entrada y luego de eso, pulsaran o darán un clic en el enlace que aparece en el mensaje.
Nota N°1: a veces, los mensajes no pasan los filtros de seguridad de un correo y por esta razón, no aparecen en la bandeja de entrada de su correo y por ello, se recomienda revisar la carpeta de mensajes no deseados o spam que es en lugar, donde se depositan los mensajes filtrados.
Restablecer una cuenta de Academia.edu con formulario · [OPCIÓN N°1, Paso #3: Cambiar contraseña]
They will then be directed to an Academy page that allows you to create a new password for their Academy account and to do so, they must enter a password in the box provided and after that, they will press or click the blue button that say: SEND
Perfect, they managed to change the password of the Academy account and, of course, they were able to recover their Academy account. They will appear on the access page of their account to the Academy, indicate that they have changed their password with it and will be able to use this academic social network again.
Reset Academia.edu account related to Facebook · [OPCIÓN N°2, Paso #1: Revisar esto]
This second option allows you to recover an Academy account to all those who have associated or linked their Facebook account. Now, before proceeding with this option, it is necessary to first clarify some things to save or avoid misunderstandings or procedures that were probably not necessary for recovering an Academia.edu account and which are as follows:
- You need to make sure that an account was created at Academia.edu by logging in with a personal Facebook account and not with an email and password or by logging in to a Google account.
- They need to be sure that they have not deleted or closed their Academia.edu account
- If you have changed your email address or password for your Facebook account, these new changes (email and / or password) must be applied when you log in to Academia.edu with your Facebook and not your old login.
- Direct access to the Facebook account is recommended and, if they can do so, they should have no problem accessing Academia.edu, but if they have access issues, there is no other option than to recover the Facebook account.
Reset Academia.edu account related to Facebook · [OPCIÓN N°2, Paso #2: Recuperar cuenta]
To recover a Facebook account, log in Facebook cover web and here, you need to press or click on the question that says: Forgot your account details? Good, Forgot your account?
After the previous click, they will follow the protocol indicated by Facebook to recover their account by creating a new password. Once they have recovered their Facebook account, they will be able to access the Academy and connect with their updated Facebook data.
Reset an Academia.edu account connected to Google [OPCIÓN N°3, Paso #1: Revisar esto]
The third option allows you to recover an Academy account connected to a personal Google account. But before that and as the previous option, you need to check the following points to clarify your issue or save this procedure.
- First of all, you need to be completely sure that an account was created at Academia.edu by logging in to a Google account and not linked to Facebook or created with an email and password.
- Second, they must be sure that they have not closed or deleted their Academia.edu account (they must be active).
- Third, if they have changed their Google Account email or password, they must apply these changes when they sign in to the Academy and do not enter old or outdated Google Account data.
- Fourth, they are suggested to have direct access to their Google Account, and if they do, they should have no problem accessing Academia.edu, but if they have difficulty accessing, they will have no choice but to and recover your Google Account. .
Reset an Academia.edu account connected to Google [OPCIÓN N°3, Paso #2: Recuperar cuenta de Google]
If you need to recover your Google Account, go to Gmail and enter your Gmail email address, but if the issue is related to email, you’ll press or click the question that says: Forgot your email address? And after that, follow the instructions to recover your email and Google Account.
Those who have entered their Gmail email without any problems at this stage will be able to press or click on the question that says: Forgot your password? and after that, they will follow the instructions given to them to reset their Google account.
Once they recover their Gmail account, they simply go to the Academy and log in with the updated Google Account details and should have no problems.