Put a watermark in Word it is easy and also very useful. A watermark is a message, logo, signature, or name that is superimposed on an image, but in a transparent manner. It does not overlap the text of the document, but is an identifier and also necessary as a protective measure. Learn how to include it in your documents when using Word Editor.
Why are watermarks needed?
Watermarks are needed for several reasons. Let’s see what are the most common utilities:
- Serves as. copyright or copyright protection measure of an image, of a text … The placement of the watermark indicates that the material must not be used illegally and that the authority of the document must be indicated in any case or request authorization for its use
- On the other hand, watermarks are widely used in the internet world by those working to promote their own brand. It is a measure that protects a person’s work, whether it is photos, documents and even videos with their own authorship.
Different ways to put a watermark in Word
If you want to use watermarks in your Word document, you can do so in two different ways. You can use the watermarks that Word provides, or you can create your own watermarks. Learn how to do it below:
Use a Word watermark
The procedure for putting a predefined watermark in Word is very simple:
- You just have to go to Design and from there select the option Filigree which will appear with an icon
- Now you can choose if you want one vertical watermark or one horizontal watermark
- You can choose whether you want the watermark to apply to only one page. To do this, just right-click the watermark and select property
Use a custom watermark with Word
If you like use a custom watermarkYou can also do this from Word by following the steps below:
- Go to the tab Format> Watermark
- Now you need to select the option Custom watermarks and then the option Text watermarks. From here you can select the word or text you want to appear, the font, the size, the orientation and if you want to appear semi-transparent
- If, on the other hand, you want to use a watermark with an image or logo, you must follow the indicated path: Format> Watermarks> Custom Watermarks> Image Watermarks. Select the image you want to display as a watermark
Word is a tool that offers many possibilities to its users. In addition to being able to watermark your Word documents, you can create a magazine, make a concept map or make a brochure among many other functions.
Did you know …
You can check Wikipedia directly from your Word file because the page is embedded in Office. Just click the Insert section and select it when you need to see something.
Was it useful to you? Loading …