Everything about video calls is the best time, thanks to the pandemic that took place in the last year, leaving us far from all loved ones, friends and acquaintances, for them this communication platform has evolved to meet different masses, with new and fun tools
It has happened to all of us that sometimes when we are in our homes and we want to make a video call so that more people can see who we are talking to, but unfortunately it is very small and the screen of our devices is uncomfortable, now it is possible reflect it on the screen of our televisions.
This is an ideal tool to share with the family and also to carry out work or study discussions, and then, in Look How It is Made, we will show you that it is possible.
What should I consider in order to be able to reflect video calls on my TV?
The truth is that there are few things to consider, but they are really necessary to achieve this goal, the first of which is to have a smart device or a smartphone, which must be connected to the mobile data network or a Wi-Fi network. Be, you must also have a smart TV able to reflect the stated objectiveThese include Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick and Android TV and an HDMI cable (from micro USB / USB C / Lightning to HDMI).
Of course, if you have a recent Smart TV, you may already be able to receive audio and video wirelessly. Otherwise, you may need to use the HDMI cable.
Make video calls via HDMI cable
This is truly one of the easiest ways to view video calls on our TVs, as it is enough to connect your phone to the Smart TV using an HDMI cable. Here are the steps:
- The first thing to do is insert the USB into the smartphoneThis will depend on the model of your mobile phone, either Android or iPhone.
- The next is connect HDMI in a free smart TV port.
- You’ll have to set the HDMI channel on your smart TV, if you don’t know where it is, check the manual.
- After that, the image should be reflected on our screens.
- Finally, all you have to do is open your video calling app, be it WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or Telegram and make the video call.
Mirror video calls using the wireless network
When you have both state-of-the-art smartphones and smart TVs, cables become part of history, or well, without exaggerating so much, it happens to be kept in a drawer. Here are the steps for projecting video calls from a wireless network to your TV:
- The first step you need to follow is download the application «Xcast» for Android devices and «AirPlay» or «Replica» for iPhone devices. These are compatible with the vast majority of smart TVs.
- Once installed only correctly you have to open it.
- This application will start scanning the network and looking for compatible devices, in case your smart TV does not appear in the list, you need to choose the HDMI cable option shown above.
- Once your smart TV is detected compatibility is checked.
- Open «Google Home»On your device Select the available Chromecast.
- Click on «send my screen«, Option that appears in the lower right.
- And after that your smarTV will reflect what is on your smartphone screen.
- Just open your app to activate and make video calls either WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or Telegram.
Of course, depending on the brand of your Smart TV, things change a little, but it would be a very broad topic for so few words, we hope we can help you with more detailed articles for each Smart TV in the near future. .
Remember to support your mobile phone on a base so that the image is as stable as possible and, in addition, you need to keep in mind that everything that normally appears on the mobile phone screen will be reflected on the Smart TV.