Maybe with the idea of creating a double-entry chart, the first program that comes to mind is Excel. Which takes its value as an indispensable tool when manipulating data. Well, one of its functions is create charts with specific data.
Now the double input charts are responsible for displaying two groups of data. Which, although related, are usually far from each other. This may be due to variables in them or other relationships between them.
How many axes can a chart have in Excel?
Like most playback graphics, Excel charts usually have two axes, we can change the presentation of the graphic axes. Vertical axes, which we can find as the Y axis or values. Thus, in the same way, we can find the X axis, which represents the horizontal plane and / or the categories.
Now, in special cases, when making a chart in three-dimensional mode it has a third axis. It is called the z axis or the depth axis. Which can be used to differentiate the previous axes from other features.
We can also classify graphs according to axle numberI know they possess.
- Without axis: Graphics for pies and donuts.
- 1 axis: Graphics radial type (cells do not have an X-axis)
- 2 axes: Common graphs used for data classification and measurement (two-dimensional).
- 3 axes: 3D diagrams, including conical, pyramidal and column diagrams (x, y, z axis).
How do I add a secondary axis to a graph?
Two-axis graphs are used more frequently. Well, they are usually used to classify data and measure it. For this reason, we will focus on how to add them to the chart we use. The first thing we need to consider is whether we already have our personalized data or whether we put or color the cells as needed.
- We enter our document Excel, in which we created our chart.
- In order to enliven the work, we will limit ourselves to selecting the graphic in question in order to have the graphic tools available.
- If it does not appear, we look for the ribbon for Design tab and select the option change the chart type
- An option box will open in which we will place among the last «combined» options
- At the top of the box, some options will appear as images. We will click on the one that says the Grouped column «secondary axis line».
- Let’s check the data we want to represent with a secondary axis, then we choose the line and accept
As in the previous case, we can easily place a secondary vertical axis. Which will serve for important data that are separate from the others.
- Open the Excel file in which we have the graph we want to attach to the secondary vertical axis
- We select the graph to which we are interested in adding the secondary axis
- Search and select the tab «format «on the ribbon.
- Here we find the first box called Current Selection and go to the drop-down menu. Which will be on the «apply format selection» option.
- After clicking here, several options will appear and we will click on the option corresponding to the axis we want to apply. In this case it will be the vertical (secondary) axis we will look for.
- Then we will click on options format selection, which was below. A box should appear saying the format of the axis
- That’s it, I’ve already inserted the vertical axis.
If this option does not appear in the formatting area, we need to do the previous step. To do this we will do the steps according to the step How do I add a secondary axis to a graph? Thus, it will be enough to select the chart and go to the design tab> add graphic element. Then select Secondary> Vertical axis.
If we already have managed to place a secondary vertical axis previous. We will advance this step a lot. Well, what we need to do is take a very simple step.
- We enter the document where we have the graph that interests us to attach the horizontal axis.
- We will go to Ribbon design tab.
- In the Graphic Designs box we will click on Add graphic element.
- Then we position ourselves on the axis and here we will look secondary horizontal option.
- We click over her and voila.
How to remove secondary trees?
For this we can follow two steps, through which we can eliminate the secondary axes. A the complete method and a partial methodTo achieve it. For this we must have the document with the graphic in question open.
- We click on the chart and go to the design tab.
- In the Graphic Designs box we will click Add a graphic
- Then we select in Axes and then we’ll click on the axis we don’t want to display.
- We select the graphics that we want to eliminate the secondary axes
- Right click on it or else go to ribbon design option.
- Select the option «Change chart type»
- We search and mark the graph What we want
- Ready, this will undo the changes and the secondary axes that we added to the Excel chart
How do you add a legend to the chart without moving the data?
In cases where we have already located our chart and we want to place the legend and in this process not to move them. No more we must include it by the option we have from the chart in question.
- We open the corresponding document and We select the graphics
- Click on the plus icon «+» in the upper right corner
- Here are some options we are looking for The legend option and check the appropriate box.
- Then we will choose the part of the chart where the legend is and it does not affect the data we have.