Therefore, in this article we will show you how you can install Apache Cordova on Ubuntu in its version 18.04. Which is an easy procedure to perform, you will only need to follow certain steps that we will indicate below.
What uses can be given to Apache Cordova?
The Apache Cordova application allows users to provide you with uses or solutions in situations such as the following:
- If you are a web developer and want to deploy a packaged web application so that it can be distributed to app stores.
- If you want to extend an application to different platforms. This without having to use tools or languages again for each of the platforms, which takes a long time.
- If your goal is to mix different components of Native applications using a WebView. Which is nothing more than a specific browser window, through which you can enter the mobile API. Or, on the other hand, you want to create an interface that complements a native component with WebView.
What are the key components of Apache Cordova?
Ubuntu is free software, the programs in it are free, for example, if you want to download and install VMWARE, you can do this without paying anything. If you want to use Apache Cordova, you need to consider certain key components and these are:
This WebView component works with Apache Cordova because it provides the application’s user interface. And also in some platforms is usually a complement that is in a larger hybrid application. On the other hand, it allows mixing the native components of the application with WebView.
What do you need to install Node.js?
Compared to the Node.js requirements to be installed, it does not require high requirements for operation. That’s why you don’t need to upgrade Ubuntu from the terminal to the latest version. Since now can be used on any computer that it has 128 MB or 256 MB of RAM and that it has a core in the processor.
How to install Apache Cordova correctly?
Installing the Opera browser in Ubuntu is not the same as this software. To properly install Apache Cordova, just follow the steps below:
- First you need to install Node, js and then you need to install Apache Cordova using the NPM command. You will only need to enter it as follows «sudo npm install -g cordova».
- Here you will be able to appreciate how the process begins, once it is finished, the result will come out.
- You will need to check if the version of Apache Cordova you are using is using this «cordova-version» line.
- Finally, you need to put the word Yes, and the current version will be displayed. And voila, now you can create an application using Apache Cordova.