One of the most important keys, but at the same time the most forgotten by everyone, is the router password. Of course, there are cases where you usually use that password a lot or set one that you remember easily, but in most cases complex keys are used so that they are not discovered.
Well, you may have your cell phone, computer, and laptop connected, but what if you want to add a new device to your wireless network?
We explain in detail how to get wifi password from the cell phone thatthat you are connected.
Why you need to recover your WiFi key
Before you start reading, it is important to consider a few important points for what these methods are. Some of the uses are:
- If you are connected to a third party network and you do not have or do not remember the password
- Recover your WiFi password to which you connected some time ago or are currently connected
- If you forgot your WiFi password and don’t have any devices connected
The methods below are NOT for:
Once all this is explained, keep reading to see the methods to get the WiFi key on your mobile phone:
Check the router or manuals
The easiest way to get the WiFi password is check the router or the instruction manual that came with the purchase.
The default network password and name should be the ones you have, unless you’ve previously made a change. If so, don’t lose your mind, the other methods will help you find your password.
Access the router administration panel
If you have a router on hand and are connected to the router’s network, another simple technique is change your password or checking it from the admin panel.
To do this, type in the browser 192.168.1.1, enter the user (default is admin) and password and you will access the router configuration. From inside you will be able to access the password area.
View your computer’s WiFi key [Estás conectado]
This is a simple but little known method. If you’re using Windows or Linux, you can check the password you entered earlier to connect to your WiFi network.
Remember, just this method works if you are connected to the network you want to know the password. Follow the steps to see the WiFi password:
- Make sure you are connected to the network
- Log into Start> Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center
- In the Active Networks area, click Type of access in the network where you want to verify the password
- Click on Wireless properties
- Now go to the Security tab and check the box Show characters
- You may be asked for administrator permissions
Windows 8 and 10
- Make sure you are connected to the network
- visit Start> Windows Settings> Network and Internet
- Click on Change the adapter settings
- Select the network you want to verify your password and open it
- the press Wireless properties
- Go to the security tab and check the box Show characters
- Access the system terminal via Spotlight or Launchpad
- Enter the command «security find-generic-password -wa name_of_the_network» by removing the quotation marks and changing the network_name to the query network name
- Press the key enter
- You will be asked for a username and password for your system, enter this data
- The password will appear in the next line of code
- Access the Linux terminal
- Enter the following code «sudo cat / etc / NetworkManager / system-connections / network_name | grep psk = »without the quotation marks and changing the network name to the name of the network to be consulted
- In the next line of code you will get the WiFi key
You may also be interested in knowing how to locate your mobile device with Gmail in seconds.
View your computer’s WiFi key [No estás conectado]
A slightly advanced and very good technique to see the WiFi key is use the Windows console. We can see with a few commands both the networks you have connected to and their passwords.
This way, only by knowing the name of the network, you will be able to obtain its password. you don’t need to be logged in to the mentioned network.
Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Go to start and search The symbol of the system in the search bar. Run the application
- Type the command »netsh wlan show profile» in the console without the quotes and press Enter
- You’ll get a list of all the connections you’ve ever connected to. Choose the network for which you need a password
- Type the command «netsh wlan show profile name = name_of_the_network key = clear» by changing the name_of_the_network to the name of your network and placing the code again without the quotes
- Press Enter in the information obtained by the console in the area Security settings check the information in the Key content field, as this is your WiFi key
See the WiFi key on your mobile
As a last resort, if the password is on your mobile phone, you can also try to recover it from it. To do this from Android, follow these steps:
Now that you know how to get the wifi key on your mobile phone What are you waiting for to do?