Some users posted on the Microsoft support forum about the Netflix error code U7121-3202. This error occurs when users try to play movies downloaded from Netflix.
Error message U7121-3202 says: Wow! Something didn’t work well … At the moment we have problems playing this title. This error usually occurs in Windows 10 for users who use Netflix with its UWP application or in a browser.
How can I fix Netflix error code U7121-3202?
1. Run the Windows Store troubleshooting tool
- If you receive U7121-3202 error when using Netflix UWP, try running the Windows Store troubleshooter. Click the button Type here to search on the Windows 10 taskbar to open its search utility.
- Then enter solution from problems of keywords in the Type here box for search.
- Select Troubleshoot configuration issues to open Settings as in the snapshot below.
- Select Windows Store Apps and click button Run the debugging tool .
- Review the resolutions suggested by the troubleshooting tool.
2. Delete and download the motion file again
- Netflix error code U7121-3202 is usually caused by movie titles being downloaded correctly now. To fix this, click the button menu in the upper left corner of the Netflix app.
- Click on My downloads to open a list of downloaded movie titles.
- Click the edit button (pencil) in the upper right corner of Netflix.
- Then select to delete all movie titles.
- Click on delete button (bin) to delete the selected movies.
- Then click the button menu and Available for download .
- Then you can select the movies you deleted again.
3. Return to a recent update to Windows 10
- Some users have confirmed that they fixed the U7121-3202 error by downgrading to Windows 10 version updates. To do this, press the Windows key + the S hotkey.
- Write recovery of the keyword in the search box.
- Click Recovery Options to open the Settings tab as in the snapshot below.
- Users can revert to an earlier version within 10 days of the upgrade. Click the button You start under the Subtitle Return to the previous version of Windows 10 .
4. Reinstall the Netflix UWP application
- Some users may need to reinstall Netflix applications to fix the U7121-3202 error. Open the search box in Windows 10.
- Scribe application in the search utility.
- Click on Applications and features to open the Settings tab displayed directly below.
- Select the Netflix app listed there.
- Click the button REMOVE .
- Restart Windows before reinstalling Netflix.
- Click on Achieve on the Netflix application page.
5. Update Silverlight for Internet Explorer 11
If you see the Netflix U7121-3202 error code when using Internet Explorer 11, try updating Silverlight. Click on Install for Windows on the Silverlight website. Then open the Silverlight installer to install the latest version.
The resolutions above are the most likely solutions to the Netflix error code U7121-3202. If you need more potential solutions, check out the Netflix Help Center. There you can click Start the conversation Live to receive live support.