dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error is common in Google Chrome browser users. Occurs when an error occurs in DNS or Internet configuration. When this happens, you will not be able to access the website you requested. In this case, it is important to know what are the possible causes and solutions, as well as how to perform them to continue normal navigation.
Solutions for dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error
The famous mistake «dns_probe_finished_nxdomain»It is linked to the DNS server, which takes care of transforming the domains we access when we browse, into IP addresses. However, this server frequently suffers from the above error due to poor DNS settings or problems with Internet settings.
This way, when we try to access a specific web address, the dreaded message «dns_probe_finished_nxdomain» will appear on the screen. Next we will see what are the most effective solutions to solve it.
Restart DNS client service
DNS customer service is responsible for saving DNS domain names that are enabled in Windows 10. When you restart it, the service, if it has failed, may be activated correctly again. The step by step to restart it is as follows:
- Access the option start to get to the Windows search box and type the command services.msc
- On the next screen you need to locate the option «DNS client»And right-clicking on the option«Restart»(If not available, it is a sign that it does not exist operating system error)
Change the DNS server addresses
Another option for fix dns_probe_finished_nxdomain It consists of setting a new IP address for DNS servers. In this case, the most useful thing is to use public servers, such as Google.
In order to change this option you must follow the following route:
- Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center
- In the next screen you have to select the option «Change the adapter configuration» on the left and we will right-click with the mouse on the network adapter of the current computer, selecting the option «Properties».
- Then go to the «Ethernet Properties» pop-up window and select the line «Internet Protocol version 4″> Properties
- In the window that opens, check the box «Use the following DNS server addresses» and change the preferred DNS server (126.96.36.199) and the alternate DNS server (188.8.131.52)
- Accept the changes
Release and renew the IP address
When we try to access a website address, IP address associates will be cached in DNS. What is done in this way is to speed up the loading time on subsequent visits. However, if the cache becomes out of date or has some kind of error, it is a good idea to clear and renew the IP address. Step by step is as follows:
- Access the command prompt as an administrator and enter the following command in release the IP address: ipconfig / release
- For clear the DNS cache enter the order: ipconfig / flushdns
- Then you have to renew IP address using the command: ipconfig / renew
- Reset the network catalog using the command: nesth winsock reset
VPNs These are private networks that are used as a secure method to access public Internet connection networks. The traffic generated will be encrypted so that there is no possibility for a third party to access the user’s personal information.
If you use any of these networks, you can check to see if they cause the «dns_probe_finished_nxdomain» error by temporarily disabling them.
- To disable a VPN you need to go to Home> Settings> Internet and network> VPN
- When locating the network, you need to click «Disconnect» and «Remove»
Reset Google Chrome to factory settings
If you have tried all the solutions mentioned above and still haven’t got it fix dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error, a somewhat drastic solution, but which can be very effective, is restore Google Chrome to factory settings. This way we can remove any configuration that affects the DNS server.
- To do this, you must type in the address bar: chrome: // flags /
- Click the «Reset all to defaults» option
solutions to dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error they are not difficult to achieve and can solve the problem in a few minutes. You may also encounter other classic errors in Chrome, such as «the connection is not private«Or»err_connection_timed_out”. In both cases you will find all the necessary solutions to solve them.
Was it useful to you? Loading …