In this article you will learn how to download a Facebook GIF from your mobile or computer fast and easy. Whether they are funny, informative or otherwise, it is undeniable that they are an excellent audiovisual resource to share with your friends through different media, and this social network is full of publications with this popular type of animated image. Therefore, you will learn how to download a GIF from Facebook from different locations.
Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to save one of these multimedia formats and Search engines like Google to find different GIFs I see on Facebook. However, there are much simpler alternatives. Then you will find the explanation of the different methods to download a GIF from Facebook on mobile phones and computers. In addition, you’ll learn about other ways to get this fun resource to share with your contacts.
From the phone
Depending on the device you have, the process of downloading GIFs from Facebook will be different. Follow these instructions so that you can enjoy the variety of animations that this social network offers today on your mobile.
If you like download Facebook GIFs from your Android mobileFirst, you need to download the official app of this social network to your device and sign in to your account. Then go through the following step by step to complete the process:
- Once in the application, locate the GIF you want to download. You can speed up the process by using the search bar to find different pages, publications, and groups where these types of formats are shared.
- Now, you have to click the GIF link located at its bottom. This will open a new window in the browser integrated in the application.
- The next step is display the options menu identified with the three dots and select «Open in Chrome”.
- Finally, hold down the GIF to display another menu, where you have to choose the option «Download the image«To save it to the download folder.
You can also leave Facebook and enter any browser you want paste the link in the address bar and then perform the same procedure.
For download a GIF on iOS mobile devices, the process is similar to that described above. Just follow these steps to enjoy GIFs on your iPhone or iPad:
- The first, access the Facebook mobile application and connect.
- The next step is locate the image or GIF you want to download, you can help with the search bar.
- Click the link at the bottom of the image, which will open a new window.
- Long press on the image until a small menu appears and click «Save the picture«And the image will be automatically saved on your mobile phone.
With these simple steps you can save any GIF you find on Facebook and share them on your social networks or with your friends through an instant messaging app.
From the computer
If you’re a fan of Facebook GIFs, you’ll definitely want to have them on your personal computer. You can download as many as you want by following these detailed steps below:
- Sign in to Facebook from any browser and log in to your account.
- Find the GIF you want to download.
- Right-click the GIF to open the drop-down menu. Finally, select the option «Save the picture«To save it on the computer.
If that doesn’t work, you can try opening the GIF link in a new window and following the same procedure to download it. This way you can save all files of this format that appear on Facebook directly on the computer.
Get more GIFs
If, on the other hand, you prefer to search for your own GIFs, so you don’t have to wait for them to appear on your Facebook wall. You have different pages with which you can find and download many of these visual resources and best of all is that you can find different topics, be they funny, educational, referential or other. Some of these websites are:
These are a few extra pages where you can get a lot of GIFs to download and start sharing them with your friends. If you need to download any of these graphic formats from Facebook, you can use the methods described in this article to grab them easily.