Disable Windows Defender It is an option that many users have to perform when this software does not give them the expected result. You also need to continue disabling when another antivirus is to be installed. In any case, the deactivation process is simple and you can do it in just a few steps.
Step by step to disable Windows Defender
Windows Defender is a security software that helps users to be protected against virus attacks. It is enabled by default when Windows installation is complete. However, not all users believe that this is the best option in terms of security and choose to install third party software. Whatever your reason for making this decision, these are the options that will allow you easily disable Windows Defender.
Disable Windows Defender from Windows 10 Group Policies
One of the methods that will allow you to disable Windows Defender It is through the group policies of the operating system. By accessing the advanced settings, you can easily deactivate it. The next step is to:
- Open the Start menu and type gpedit.msc
- Then you have to go the route Local computer policy> Computer setup> Administrative templates> Windows components> Windows Defender
- Then you will see the option Disable Windows Defender. Just turn it on for the changes to take place
When you restart your computer, Windows Defender will be disabled.
Disable Windows Defender from the Windows registry
Another way to disable Windows Defender GO Windows registry. The procedure is as follows:
- Open the Start menu and type the regedit.exe command
- The next step is to access the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows Defender
- You need to locate the entrance DisableAntiSpyware. Open the entry and assign it a value of 1
Save your changes and restart your computer. This will disable Windows Defender.
Disable Windows Defender manually in the Security Center
A quick and easy way to disable Windows Defender consists in direct access to the Security Center. To do this, follow the steps below:
- visitl Start menu and search Defend
- When the program appears, click to access all options. From here you can click on the option Antivirus protection against threats> Antivirus settings and threat protection
- Now uncheck the option Real-time protection
- This method will temporarily disable. You can return to the original state by accessing the setup menu
You have to keep in mind that uninstall Windows Defender it is impossible because it comes installed natively in Windows. In any case, you should consider whether or not to disable it, as the security of your computer may be severely affected. Under no circumstances should you stop using it VIRUS Therefore, it is important that your computer is protected at all times.
Did you know …
A Google engineer managed to create a version of Windows Defender for Linux.
Was it useful to you? Loading …