FRP (Factory reset protection), is an Android device system which is responsible for protecting the user’s personal information. This protection measure connects your email to your mobile phone. That way, if it’s stolen, Your personal information cannot be obtained through factory reset. the device. However, it is an inconvenience for those users who want to buy or sell a second hand mobile phone.
For this reason you will find in this article the best methods to disable FRP. This way, you won’t have to worry about your information if you want to sell or offer your mobile phone. Factory Reset Protection is enabled at the factory on all devices and to deactivate it you need to reset the settings. Therefore, it is necessary to have access to the email of the first owner, as this is the only one with which you can perform the process.
Mobile phone restoration
For disable FRP (Factory Reset Protection) the mobile phone requires only a factory reset of the device. This way, the option will be inactive until the user is logged in again. This is also the common process for all Android devices, but some steps may vary depending on the version of the device or any additional layers of protection that have been installed. To start this procedure, you need to access the mobile settings and apply each of the steps that will be explained below:
- Once you enter «settings«Indicated by the tools on the main screen of the mobile phone, you must press»System and updates”.
- Then just press «reinstatement”.
- In the new screen that appears, select the option «Reset the phone«And press»Restore”.
- Immediately the next screen will ask you to enter the lock code to confirm the procedure, then you have to press «To accept”. After completing the process, the mobile phone will be restored from the factory.
With this action, you will be disabling FRP on your Android device. This action is more than enough to achieve this. Now, if your device is a little old or has no relatively current versions, in addition to this, you will need to apply another procedure, as detailed in the next section.
Delete Google Accounts
In this FRP deactivation procedure, you need to disconnect every Google Account you’ve saved on your mobile phone. This method is recommended for devices with older versions, as this procedure is not required for current models. Then you need to turn off the lock screen PIN. If you want to learn disable FRP by deleting Google accounts follow these steps:
- First, you need to remove the screen lock. To do this, go to «settings«Then press»Biometric data and password”.
- After completing the previous step, you must click «Disable the screen lock key”. To finish press «To deactivate”.
- From the settings section enter «User and accounts”. Now select «Google«And press Google Account which you want to remove, press «Remove«And repeat the same procedure with the other users you have registered on the device.
- Finally, you will need to enter «settings«And click»Systems and upgrades”.
- Then you have to touch «reinstatement«And enter the section»Reset the phone”.
- To continue the procedure, press again «Restore”. The system will then ask you to confirm your identity, so you need to enter the password for the mobile lock screen.
- Finally select «To accept«And the process will be completed.
As you may have noticed, two exist ways to disable FRP Or for the acronym Factory Reset Protection, both procedures involve resetting the device to the factory settings. It is possible to perform a the reset process completely removing all security settings such as screen lock and connected Google accounts before the mobile device is reset at the factory. However, you can do it directly with the first method if you have a relatively current device.