Convert a PDF file to a DWG It’s a simple process, but you’ll need to use an external converter or Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. However, there are excellent tools that will make your work easier and help you create a DWG file from PDF in minutes. Don’t miss step by step to make the file conversion fast.
Many architectural plans are saved in PDF formatTherefore, if you want to work with these plans, you need to convert it to a format suitable for use in AutoCAD, a program that opens DWG format.
There are a few conversion options of the PDF file: through Adobe Reader, through tools that are installed on your computer, through AutoCAD itself or with online tools.
Convert with Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader
One of the options for convert a PDF to DWG uses Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. The conversion steps are as follows:
- Click the menu Tools> Selection tool> Zoom> Snapshot. In recent versions of Adobe Reader, this option is in the menu Edit> Instant.
- Then select the area of the PDF you want to convert to DWG, you can identify it because it is marked with a dashed line or in a darker color. Once the track is selected, the content will be copied directly to the clipboard.
- Open the CAD application and select the Paste option. Later you need to save the image, which will be automatically pasted as DWG.
This way, you will successfully complete the conversion and the PDF file will open as a DWG file in Autocad.
Convert with any PDF to DWG converter
The second option for convert a PDF file to a DWG uses specific software. In this case, the most recommended program is Any PDF to DWG converter. To use it and convert your files, you need to follow these steps:
- The first step, after downloading the conversion program, is to select the PDF file and open it Any PDF to DWG converter.
- With the program already open, you need to select the PDF file by clicking Add PDF file. Then a new window will open to select the file you want to convert.
- When you have selected the file, you will see that it has been located in a list of files to convert. Now you need to select the format you want to convert it to, in which case it will be DWG or DXF.
- In the next step, you will be able to select whether you want to convert only a few pages or all that make up the file. PDF file.
- Once you have made your selection, all you have to do is enter the address where you want the converted file to be saved and press the «button.Convert now«. You can now select the new file and view it in Autocad.
Convert PDF to DWG online
Here are some online tools you can use to convert PDF files to DWG. They are free, but each has certain limitations.
- AutoDWG: allows you to convert 2 files per day for free. It also has a paid version for download.
- CADSoftTools: This website also allows a maximum of 2 files per day. It can also be only 3 megabytes in size.
- ZamZar: In turn, this service allows you to charge up to 50 megabytes without registering.
These tools are good alternatives to avoid downloading a conversion program.
Convert PDF to DWG with AutoCAD itself
Fortunately, starting with the 2017 version of Autocad, it is now possible to open PDF files without having to convert them first.
To do this, just type the command «PDFIMPORT»In the command window. Then a window will open in which you need to choose the PDF file in question.
It is a quick option to open a PDF file directly from Autocad without the need for conversion.
What is a DWG and PDF file?
What is a DWG file
A file with the .dwg extension belongs to the native format of a given software. More precisely for AUTOCAD from Autodesk, a program used to create 2D and 3D drawings, vector image files, metadata storage and design information. The .dwg format is a computerized drawing format.
What is a PDF file
A file with a .pdf extension is one that incorporates text, images, and even audio formats. PDF is one of the most widely used files for sharing documents, however it requires a specific program to be able to open them, such as Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
Once you have converted the file, you can make any necessary changes and work with the drawing. And all this using simple tools and in just a few minutes.
Did you know …
A DWG file created in AutoCAD 2018 data cannot be imported into earlier versions of Autodesk and third-party software.
Was it useful to you? Loading …