Convert a CDA file to MP3 is a very simple process that you can do quickly from your computer. There are also two alternatives when doing this if you are using Windows or, conversely, have a Mac computer. Don’t miss the next step-by-step tutorial to convert your files CDA to MP3 without complications.
What are CDA and MP3 files?
A file with the .cda extension indicates that it is a file belonging to an audio CD. It is an audio format for music on a CD, ie each track is a separate CDA file. These files cannot be played on any device, so you will need to convert them to a more universal format.
A file that has the extension .mp3, is an audio sound file that has a high quality, but in a very small size. To play an MP3 file, you need an audio player that allows you to play this type of file.
If you have a Windows computer, you can convert a CDA file to MP3 using Windows Media Player. To do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- Open Windows Media Player and select: Tools> Options
- Click the tab Rip music from CD and select MP3 from the Format menu that you will find right at the bottom of the option «CD copy settings«
- Then you need to select the audio quality by moving the cursor, in this option, to the far right. This will ensure that the converted MP3 file will have the best possible sound. Click on apply and To accept
- In the next step, you need to insert an audio CD into your computer’s hard drive. Click on «Copy from CD»And the program will convert each CDA file to MP3 files.
- When the program has finished recording all the audio files, you will be able to play each song in MP3 format on any player that supports this format.
CDA to MP3 with iTunes on MacOS
If you have a Mac, you can perform this process directly from the iTunes option. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the iTunes application and insert a CD into your computer’s hard drive.
- A prompt will appear to confirm that you want to import the songs from the audio CD into iTunes. You need to click «Yes»
- Once all the songs have been imported, you need to select them and right click. You have to choose the option «Convert selection to MP3»
Convert CDA to MP3 with online tools
If your job is not to install programs for something as simple as convert formats audio, today you can do everything through the browser, using an online tool for this purpose.
You can try the 3 tools that allow you upload a CDA file and returns a file in MP3 format.
With ease and in just a few steps, you will be able to convert every track on an audio CD to an MP3 format, which will allow you to enjoy your audio files at the best quality and with almost no space.
Did you know …
The first song that was transferred in mp3 format was «Tom’s diner», its author was the American singer Suzanne Vega.
Was it useful to you? Loading …