If you don’t remember the PIN or model of your mobile phone and you don’t know how to unlock it, keep reading because you will learn how to unlock it easily.
Depending on whether you have an Android phone or an iPhone, you need to follow one method or another. But in both cases It is possible to unlock it and there is nothing to write about at home..
How do I unlock my Android phone?
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so we recommend that you watch the video first. As you can imagine, unlocking a patterned Android lock is not the same as unlocking a PIN. In the case of the PIN code, it all comes down to knowing the PUK, which your operator can offer you without any problems.
Otherwise, if you need to unlock an Android phone with a model, we suggest 3 alternative methods:
1. Google ‘Find My Device’ to unlock your mobile phone with a password or pattern
The official service offered by Google, the creator of Android, is the ideal and the fastest. The trick is to change the password of the device in question, which should be previously connected to your Gmail account.
the exact steps to take are super simple:
- Go to the Find My Device service
- Sign in with your Google Account
- Select the device to unlock
- Change your password
2. Smart Lock, an alternative to unlock Android if you forgot the model
In terms of security, everything is evolving very fast. Therefore, it is likely that if your mobile phone is relatively new, it will give you the option to unlock it via fingerprints or facial recognition of your face.
These unlock options are managed from the phone settings, usually in Screen lock section (inside security).
It is always a good idea to be able to lock in these ways, because your fingerprints and facial features are unique and it’s something you can’t «forget». If you haven’t configured them, you already know for the next one.
3. Unlock a mobile phone with «Find my device» from Samsung
This method viable only for Samsung mobile phones, but it is a very powerful and practical service offered by this renowned mobile phone manufacturer, completely free.
With Find my device, you can unlock your mobile phone without any problem. But this tool is much more complete and will actually allow you fully manage your mobile phone remotely.
How to unlock an iPhone
Again, we suggest a video to follow before entering the topic, as it will probably solve your problem. Yes, we are already advancing you without your Apple ID and password you will not be able to unlock it easily. You know, Apple is Apple.
Now we will explain 3 alternative methods:
1. Find my iPhone, the official and fastest way
Through the official Apple service called Find my iPhone, you can unlock your mobile phone if you follow these steps:
- Access the service through the link I mentioned, from any other device (it doesn’t have to be from Apple)
- Enter your iCloud login details
- Make sure you have a backup of your iPhone in iCloud and make sure you have it on hand
- Find and select the «Wipe device» option to remove your iPhone from iCloud. Make sure you have a backup, as I already told you.
- When you’re done, restart your iPhone and it’ll be like new from the factory.
- Restore the last backup you made.
2. iTunes to unlock your iPhone when you don’t remember the unlock PIN
If the above method doesn’t convince you, another thing you can do is sync your iPhone with iTunes on a computer. If this is your case, check if you have backed up and perform these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with iTunes
- Open iTunes on your computer
- Find and choose the «Restore copying» option. Be very careful and do not look for another option called «Restore iPhone», which is different.
3. Recovery mode, emergency solution
First, make sure you have a cable handy to connect your iPhone with a computer. If this is the case, you’ll need to restart it in some way, depending on your iPhone version:
- iPhone 7 or later: You must press the power button and the volume down button simultaneously until the recovery screen appears. Don’t stop pressing them when you see the Apple logo, you need to hold them down until you see the screen we tell you.
- The previous iPhone: In this case, you have to do the same as in the previous case, but pressing the activation button and the start button simultaneously.
Once you have done this, you will be in recovery mode and from there you will have more options than before.
We also encourage you to go through them unlock related content: