It’s quite common for us to sometimes forget our Gmail email password when we sign in. In such cases, we, the users, have the possibility to recover it. You have to keep that in mind the ways to recover it are variedhowever, not all will be available. This will depend on how detailed you were when creating the account.
What’s the use of changing my Google password?
Changing your Google password is recommended when it comes to maintain or strengthen the security of your account and this is especially important in Gmail accounts for companies or companies. Especially when the same password is used on different sites. Because if your password is hacked by someone, they could also access the sites where you used the password. It is important that when you change your password, you create a sufficiently secure one. Which, in turn, will allow you to protect your personal information.
How can I change my Gmail password for more security?
If you want more security in your Gmail account and even more when you create a Google account with no email and no number, you can change your password to a much more secure one. In order to create more secure and unique passwords, certain aspects need to be considered. Which are:
- It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters or more.
- Accented characters cannot be used.
- Items you have previously used cannot be used.
Tips for having a strong password:
- Create a strong password.
- Create a password that is easy to remember as much as possible.
- Do not use personal information or very common words.
Recover my Google password – Step by step
If you are interested recover or reset your password from your Google or Gmail account, you need to follow the steps below:
- The first thing you need to do is follow the steps to recover your Google or Gmail account.
- You will be asked a few questions which will allow you to confirm that your account belongs to you.
- Answer each one in the best way possible.
- If you have problems with the questions, also you can try using suggestions. These will allow you to complete the recovery steps for your account.
- If you are prompted to change your reset password, do so.
- You’ll have to create a password that you haven’t used before, keep it safe.
What can happen when I change my password?
One recommendation is to close Gmail sessions on any device that you still have open mail for added security. However, when you change your password, the sessions you have opened will be closed, but the following devices will not stop the same:
- Home devices that are useful and have access to your account.
- Third-party devices that have access to your account
- The devices you use to verify your identity on access.
Other issues I may have with my password
You should know that you may have other types of password issues. That’s why here’s a list of the most common ones:
Why doesn’t Google let me in even if my password is correct?
There may be an error denying you access when you sign in to your account. Even when the username and passwords you entered are correct. This may be due to various factors, such as:
- The the page is being updated at this precise moment.
- A verification code has been requested.
- The cookies have been disabled.
- The account has been disabled or suspended for some reason.
Remove access to your account from other applications
If you intend to remove third-party applications that have access to your account, all you need to do is:
- Go to the account administration menu.
- Select «Security».
- Go to the Third-party applications that can access your account section.
- Select «Manage third party access».
- Choose the application you want to delete.
- Click ‘Remove Access.’
So you can disconnect your electronic devices from your Google Account
To disconnect or delete your Google Account from your mobile devices, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to «Settings» or «Settings» on your mobile device.
- Select «Add accounts» or «User and accounts».
- There you will be shown the accounts to which you have affiliated. Select the Google Account you want to sign out of.
- Click the «More» option.
- Click «Delete account».
- Enter the required PIN or model.
How can I resolve my general password issues?
One of the ways people avoid having problems with their passwords is by allowing them Chrome saves your login information. However, if you have a problem with your password at any time, you can go directly to the Google Help page. There they can find information about the common problems that the accounts may present.