Have your social networks ever been hacked? Most people, once in a lifetime, suffer from a breach of privacy and, obviously, all platforms are responsible for protecting the personal information of each user. However, people are still looking to know how to increase privacy on all social networks, so it gives you great security.
This is the case of Facebook, the platform that is currently used as one of the first in the world. The you must protect your Facebook account it gets bigger and bigger. All Facebook users access your privacy settings to learn all about hiding personal data that may make it easier for hackers to access your Facebook account.
Therefore, today we’ve brought you all the information you need to protect your account, and if they’ve already done so, we’ll tell you some important information to keep in mind. read complete guide and improve your privacy on this social network.
What should I do if I don’t recognize my location?
The Zuckerberg platform has an advantage, when someone logs in from another new device, it immediately alerts you via email «as an alert» to your connected account. When location is not recognized It can be due to several reasons:
- Facebook displays addresses close to where the device is located, because sometimes it does not have the accuracy of the location, an example is that a state or province appears that is close to your current location.
- If Facebook tells you the address you connected to days or hours ago, the address of that site is probably still maintained, and that’s one of the reasons why it takes some time to recognize it, Don’t panic! You can turn it off from your common device.
- Someone else has access to your account, because if you haven’t signed in elsewhere, they’re probably in the process of deliberately logging into your account without permission. And the latter is the reason why this guide will be very useful in these cases.
Can I know from which device they entered my account?
When Facebook sends the login alert to an unrecognized device either by email or through the Facebook account opened on the recognized device, the location, make, and model of your phone, tablet, or computer automatically appear on that receipt.
To benefit from these benefits, the person must configure them security in Facebook settings, despite all the procedures to follow, because it is a long-term benefit that will not perish.
What are the steps to protect my account?
In addition to not sharing your password with others, in order to fully protect your Facebook account, you need to follow a few very necessary steps.
- Don’t forward Facebook emails to others, as they may contain personal information.
- When connecting to other devices, be sure to close your account after using it.
- enable two-step authentication What it is? Simply to protect your account with greater stability. So when you try to connect to another mobile or computer, you will be checked to see if it is really you, with a special code or confirming that trying to connect is a normal activity on your part.
To enable this, you need:
- Access security settings.
- Go to How do I protect my account?
- Select two-step authentication.
- Then choose the method that works best for you to protect your account. (sms, application, security key)
- Follow the instructions the platform teaches you.
- When you choose the option, you will be asked for a code each time you connect to another browser. You can save your browser or mobile phone if you use it frequently.
How to log out of Facebook on all devices?
Whether you’re on a computer or Android, you can disconnect from all devices by following these steps:
- Enter security.
- Go to «Where you signed in» and, if there are many options, click «see more»
- Select the which option at the bottom «Shut down all devices.» And if you want to disconnect from one, it is also possible.
- The selected device will be disconnected immediately.
Where can I see my Facebook connection history?
From your mobile device, just by entering settings, followed by privacy and again in settings, under this option, click password and security If you are performing this task on a computer only from security and login settings.
Can the session IP be tracked for Facebook?
The Facebook IP, even if it manages useful information, will not release the exact address. Now, to get this IP you just have to:
- Click on starting the windows and copy «cmd», then press «enter» where the MS-DOS commands will be displayed where, replacing the IP for the Facebook IP address you received, type «Tracert IP» finally, it shows you the information of this IP.
How do I know how many Facebook sessions I have opened on other devices?
As explained at the beginning of the article, to know how many sessions are active, you just need to follow the same steps to know all the connected devices and the ones you have connected at a given time. So, as an option – Where did you log in? will show specifically what kind of the browser or device is currently active. In other words, if one of the options shows «Active now», it means that you have started the session at that precise moment.
If you detect Suspicious activity or you don’t recognize the device, access options to protect your account. It won’t take long and you’ll live with fewer worries about possible hacks. Remember, Facebook is not just about watching our friends’ photo comments, it’s about protecting the safety of each of us while enjoying a fun tech service.