There is no doubt about the great versatility of the programs in the Microsoft package, especially Excel, as it has been a very useful tool in many areas since its inception. In the same way, today offers simple solutions to perform simple jobs efficiently.
In this article we will learn a new Excel functionality, learning how to create or make a calendar to keep notes and appointments. One of the biggest advantages of this program is its templates, which allow you to quickly have a predefined format that allows you to save time.
How to create or create a calendar in Excel?
A calendar for recording appointments and specific notes can be a very effective way to organize, so it is possible to have your own regardless of whether you have other tools.
In Excel you can do it in two ways, one fast and one longer. However, in the latter way you have more control over the total format of the calendar, given that the first method is to use templates.
Doing the calendar this way you will save a lot of time in the format and you can start writing down everything you want. This is the best option, as you can even make changes to the template. Just follow these steps:
- You will enter the Excel main page, where you will click on the tab «Archive» and then on «New».
- At that point, you will see in the pop-up window all the templates available for creating documents in Excel. We’ll have to look for the section «Calendar» to be able to choose a format.
- Then we will see all the templates available for making calendars, where we will find different models such as monthly calendars, weekly calendars and so on. You will select the one you think is the best to download.
- To finish, you will click «Download» option to confirm the download of the template.
- Once the template is downloaded, it will be seen in the spreadsheet, so we can start editing it if we want.
- From this moment we start to offer you the details that seem to us in the calendar format, as well as the necessary ones, such as the year.
- Finish giving the details you want and voila! You will have your own calendar in Excel write down meetings and notes.
As you can see, the use of templates is something very easy to do and that saves a lot of design time. With the help of templates you can do other types of things, such as also generating an agenda.
To create a calendar in Excel manual You have to start from scratch, so only if you want to give it the format you want from the beginning should you do it. It is the only advantage that this way of offering, otherwise, the use of templates is more recommended.
- To start, we will enter Excel and in an empty spreadsheet we will click on the top left to select all the cells. This way, we will right-click to select the option «Cell format».
- In the tab «Number» we will select «Text» And later «To accept». This is to work the text into cells without being edited.
- From now on, we will have to model the calendar with the cells in the spreadsheet. We will select the first four rows with fourteen columns to measure the calendar. I shall «Merge and center» in the «Start» part
- Then we can put the name of the desired month, for example «April». At this point we can change the style and size of the letters, as well as the background and others, from the «Home» tab.
- We can now resize the previously selected columns to further customize the calendar. To add the numbers on the days of the month, we just need to use the tool edges in «Start».
The process can be short more complex adding the minimum details to consider. On the other hand, you can even apply conditional formatting to calendar cells for greater control.
Similarly, in Excel you can perform more specific tasks, such as creating family trees. It is clear that this tool is multifunction and we cannot stop learning its new uses.