Microsoft respects the key policy for a Windows activation. This means that only one key can be used for an installation. Suppose you have installed Windows On multiple drives on the same computer, you will not be able to activate all copies using the same key due to this policy. Again, some keys can only be used to update Windows and not for new and clean installations. If you do this, you may receive an invalid product key error code: 0xC004F061.
Invalid product key error code 0xC004F061
> Because you purchased a new license, you should not experience this type of error. But, unfortunately, if you face one, we will tell you how to fix it, this is how it is done:
1. the press Windows key + R combination, type stink Regedt32.exe on Run dialog box and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
Two. Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Setup / OOBE
3. In the right pane of this location, you’ll see MediaBootInstall called DWORD, which has Value data What the 1 . Double-click this DWORD to edit it:
Four. In the window above, replace The value of the data for 0 from 1 . Click on Good . Close the Registry Editor.
5. Now open administratively The symbol of the system , type the following command:
slmgr / rearmare
6. After pressing that command, press the key. enter and you will receive the following message:
7. If you are asked to enter the product key, please do so and reactivate Windows . Click on Good in the window above and restart the system. After rebooting, your error should be resolved now.
Hope this helps!