- Error code 0xc0000409 may also be the result of a known issue with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19624. If you encounter this error, you should stop updating it until a future fix.
- If you have not installed the latest version of Insider Preview Build 19624, try performing a Windows 10 repair installation. Learn how in our expert guide.
- For any other annoying update errors, be sure to go to the Windows Update Errors section for a quick fix.
- If you encounter a Windows 10 error, you may not be able to find a solution in our Windows 10 error center.
Error code 0xc0000409 may be the result of a known issue with the new version of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19624. Microsoft has reported that it is investigating this issue with some users who cannot update this version with error code 0xc0000409. If you encounter this error, you should stop updating until a future fix.
Error code 0xc0000409 can also refer to a critical error in Windows 10 and is generally related to a registry entry that could have been corrupted. As overwhelming as the error may seem, fixing it is fairly easy.
How can I fix Windows 10 error code 0xc0000409?
1. Create an installation media
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in July 2019 and has since been renewed and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy and completeness.