As we know discordia is a service that works through different serversIn this way we can use it for various activities, allowing us to share the screen and also use it on different computers.
It works as a platform for instant messaging, video chat and text chat, therefore it contains voice channels and other text channels. Being available for Windows, iOS, MacOS devices and also for Linux.
Effective ways to play music through discord
There are a few methods of playing music through discordThis will also depend on the device we are currently using, we can do it using and installing a bot or simply connecting it to our Spotify account.
To add a music bot to the discord, we need to follow these steps:
- We are on the «Discord» platform and in the lower left, we will see an icon with the symbol «+», we have to click there to create a new server on Discord.
- Then we put a name to the server, indicate our region and click «create».
- Then we have to go to a bot’s website, once we get there, we click on «add» or «invite».
- Now we have logged in to our Discord account.
- When we are going to connect, we have to choose a server for «our music robot», we perform the verification in this way as well. we will have added the muzzle.
Another method is play music through discord but in a call, as follows:
- You have to first enter the Groovy websiteOnce there, we locate the «purple button» that will appear when we enter, which indicates «add to discord».
- Then we have to choose a server, «click» on «authorization» and check if «we are not a robot» in the pop-up box of the captcha on the platform.
- After we need to enter the «voice channel» and to join, so that we can then ask Groovy to help us sing a song, of course with our mouths, when we talk, we have to make it clear, expressing the song we want to hear, it’s so simple , in a fast and automatically will be played.
If we have a device with Android operating system and we want play music through discord, we must do the following:
- We need to get into the discord and bots site locate us on the «music» tab, to view the list of available music.
- Then we click on «view» to generate the necessary information about the bot, followed by it, we click on «guests» on the bot we decided to use.
- After we log in to our Discord accountBy doing so, the page will redirect us to the page or website of the chosen bot, where we will have to choose the appropriate server to play music.
- We press «authorize» and, of course, we verify the identity in the captcha.
- Immediately the bot will be installed, then we go to the menu of our Discord account, locating ourselves in the exposed list of different servers, we are looking for the robot we have previously chosen.
- Then we enter a voice channel to join, and there you are we point the commands to the bot to play the music at the end.
We can also play our favorite music in discord, but through a «microphone on our computer», working in the same way as Groovy and of course indicating the command. But to do this, we need to make some necessary configurations on our computer, such as:
- We go to the control panel of our computer.
- We are in the section that indicates «hardware and sound», then we click on the option that indicates «manage audio devices‘, and we enter the’ registration ‘.
- Various options will be displayed, among which we have to click on «stereo mix» and click on «activate».
- Finally, we set the microphone as the default and so on we can enjoy music with Groovy and of course in voice chats.
Instead, if we have a device with iOS operating system, we must follow the steps below to be able to play music through discord:
- For this we have to use the muzzle called MEE6, therefore we have to make the necessary configuration.
- We enter the official platform MEE6 and we have logged in to our Discord account.
- We move to «robot authorization» so that it can access our account.
- We have to choose the server we want to add to the bot, which in this case is MEE6.
- We go to the menu, click on the «add-ons» option, then on «music», then on «add».
- After we choose the vocal channel we want to join.
- Once this is done, we have to tick in the search bar, we have to write “! Search ”and then automatically enter the name of your favorite song or, otherwise, the name of the artist we want to listen to at this time, the robot will automatically be responsible for displaying the results already listed.
- Then you have to enter «the number of the song I was looking for» and add it to our discord playlist.
- Finally, to render it, we just have to write the word “! Play ”in the bar, and the song will be played quickly.
How can I play music at odds with a bot?
In order to be able to play discordant music, it is not a complicated process, we just have to follow the following steps:
- For you have an active Discord account, then we move on to creating and activating a server.
- Then, we choose and install a music bot, of course, for the server we have already created previously.
- Then we go to the option that indicates «guests» and click there, which means we will be adding a bot to our server.
- Finally, we «activate the robot» and we can listen to the desired song, adding it to our list of discordant playlists.
Install the Rythm bot on your computer
Within the Discord platform, the musical muzzle the best known of many is Rythm, so it’s good to know how to get it, install it, and use it to play music:
- We must first enter Rythm bot website, we are located on the right side of the screen, where an option appears indicating «add discord», we click there.
- Once this is done, we will have to do it access our Discord account, then choose the server to which we want the bot to be added.
- Then we have to click on «authorized» and then tick in the captcha box «I’m not a robot», this will be done to verify our identity so that we can generate the necessary access immediately the robot will be added to the chosen server.
- We open the Discord platform and we have to choose the server we created installing the Rythm bot.
- Then we join a «voice channel», to search for a song we have to write «playback» followed by the name of the song or the artist we are looking for, press «enter», the search will actually start and therefore playback.
How many music sources can Discord’s «Rythm» bot support?
As we know, there is a long list of different robots that we can use when playing discordant music, each of them having similarities, but in themselves have different functions and capabilities.
In this case we’re talking about the Rythm muzzle, being the most used by users at the time of reproduction, having a high capacity in terms of sources. By using it we can play music from YouTube, Twich or SoundCloud, working simply and efficiently, without blockages.
It should be noted that we can enjoy this free botHowever, there is also the Premium plan, based on improving the sound, as well as the duration of all the songs.
What other way can I use to play music in Discord?
From searching for songs with commands to use the groovy snout, but it is also possible to play discordant music through Spotify, making the necessary access and configuration when entering the platform.
Setting up Spotify with Discord
The configuration will depend on the device we use, if we want connect and play Spotify with Discord Mobile, we must follow the following steps:
- We have to log in to our Discord account from our device, either with an iOS or Android operating system.
- Swipe to the «right» to view the menu of different channels and servers to choose from.
- Then go to the «our account icon» in the lower right corner of our screen, and click there.
- We can see that a menu of options will be displayed, where we choose the one that indicates «connections», by clicking on it.
- When you do this, click «add» on the icon in the upper right corner.
- A number of applications will appear on the list searching for «Spotify», and click it to start the connection and access.
- There we will be redirected to another web page, where they will ask us to indicate the credentials of our Spotify account and then start the session. In the same way, here we can log in with either our Facebook account or Google.
- Immediately the Discord platform will ask us for access permission, we click on «accept».
- In the end our Spotify account will be connected to DiscordIf we want to disconnect it, we just have to go to the «connections» option and make the necessary configuration.
Otherwise, if we use the Discord desktop application, we need to do the following to connect to Spotify:
- We open the Discord applicationEither we have it installed or we can do it from the browser.
- We go to the «user configuration», we can easily see this option, because it is indicated by a «gear» visible next to our name in the platform, at the bottom left.
- Then we click on «connections».
- When we click there, we are presented with a number of options in the list, including the one that indicates ‘connect accounts’, we must select the «Spotify» icon in this case.
- Finally, we’ve logged in properly to our Spotify account, we perform the verification and that’s it.
What is the correct way to connect Spotify to my discord?
All paths are correct depending on device that we use at the time of playbackHowever, the general way to connect is as follows:
- First, if we don’t Download the Discord app, we need to do it, to continue with the next steps.
- Once downloaded, we need to sign in to our account or create an account if we don’t have one.
- When we open it, we can see a menu on the left side of the screen.
- We will have more options, we are located in the one that indicates «Spotify», and we press there.
- We will be immediately redirected to a webpage, where we need to register or log in to our Spotify account to create the connection and access.
- Spotify will ask for a check and then the access will be completed.