Among messaging platforms such as Telegram, Messenger I also found Discord which over time more users want to join.
Discord it is more used by those people who play online. And it has something that differentiates it from other messaging platforms and that it has a Premium version.
However, there are other users who consider how to delete their account For various reasons, if you are one of those who want to delete your Discord account in this article, we will tell you what you should do.
Why is it better to disable Discord than to delete it completely?
In Discord, just like other social networks like Facebook, Instagram, you have the ability to deactivate or delete your account, If you are considering deleting your Discord account before taking the next step, here is why we think it is much better to deactivate your account.
- The first reason is that by disabling your Discord account, you have the opportunity to recover it, ie you can activate it again whenever you want.
- By disabling your Discord account, you will no longer receive notifications. Although requests for friendship will continue to come to you and when you activate Discord again, these requests will appear.
- It should be noted that if you go through the deletion of the account, it will not be back, ie you will not be able to recover it.
If you are one of those people who think you can use Discord with time again the best option for you is to deactivate your account. If you want to know how to deactivate a Discord account, it’s very simple and you need to follow the steps below.
- You need to open the app or access the web version of Discord.
- Log in to your account as you normally would, once there next to your usernamelooks like a gear which is the settings or settings. You need to click on it.
- When you click on it, you need to go to a tab that writes my account.
- When you are in my account, you need to find the section that says: Deactivate the account. Press and deactivate your account will be deactivated.
One thing you should keep in mind is that Discord only allows you to deactivate your account for 30 days after those days. The account will be permanently deleted.
Is it possible to delete a Discord account from my mobile device?
If you want to delete your Discord account through your mobile phone, so far you can’t do it this way. If you open the app, on your phone and click on the white lines at the top left and tap the user settings.
Then, in the mind, it will appear deactivate the account and clear the options. But if you click on any of them, the only thing that will happen is that it will take you to a support page.
So if you want to delete an account, but through your mobile device you will need to send a request with assistance. But this method is a little more boring in order not to have so many inconveniences, do it through the Discord site.
What is the most effective way to get rid of Discord for good?
If you are already determined for permanently deleting the Discord account Here we will tell you what steps to follow is very similar to the deactivation steps. As I said earlier on a cell phone, it’s harder to do because you need to contact support.
The steps to remove are as follows:
Open Discord on your computer
First, to get rid of Discord permanently, you must first open your Discord account in the web version with your username and password. If you do not remember the password, you also have the option to recover it.
Search for username
Once in the Discord interface, you need to locate the part where Username. This is usually in the upper left corner.
To enter the settings, you need to know this option it is in the form of a gear. And you can put it next to the name; once you locate it, you need to click on it.
Go to «My Account»
Pressing on the tools that as I already said are the configurations, find my account section. Well, here are all the options to change your account or delete it.
Edit and «Delete Account»
Already in my account, option to deactivate the account and delete it; click delete. This will delete your account completely. This includes all files and chats.
How do I know if my Discord account has been permanently deleted?
To find out if your Discord account has been permanently deleted, all you have to do is log in to the Discord site again and enter your username and password. if this does not open is definitely now your account has been deleted.