Something you may not know is that remote control of the new Chromecast has several tricks. You may already know some of them, but there are others that are very curious and interesting, maybe not. Although we need to know first what it is, because the new Chromecast with Google TV is nothing but a small device. Which works as an operating system and also has a remote control.
What do I need to use the remote control of a Chromecast?
To use the Chromecast remote control, you must meet certain requirements, which are listed below:
- Install and set up Chromecast with Android TV
- You have a Chromecast remote control.
- You have a screen with HDMI input; as HD TV (high definition television).
- A mobile device or tablet (optional).
- Your mobile or tablet must meet the minimum operating system requirements for Google Home.
- It must also have the Google Home app (latest version).
- You have a Google Account (Gmail for best results).
- Good internet connection.
How do we set up Chromecast with GoogleTV for the remote?
It is necessary to take this into account there are ways to set up your Chromecast with Google TV and have a remote control. Here are some of the options:
Mobile phone settings
If you want to set your mobile device to work as a remote control, you need to follow the steps below:
- The step to complete is to download the Android TV remote control application from Google Play
- Make sure you accept the location, microphone, and Bluetooth permissions.
- If your device is connected to it than Google TV or Android TV, the device name will appear on the screen. Click on it.
- Then enter the code displayed on the TV screen into the phone. They will connect automatically.
- Once the steps are completed, you will be able to control the TV with your mobile phone.
note that You can also set up the remote control on your mobile phone so that his movements are captured. This will allow you to navigate through the interface. This function is known as touchpad mode. To do this, you will need to complete the pairing of your phone and TV on a regular basis.
- Follow the steps to connect your mobile phone.
- Download the Android TV Remote Control app.
- Accept permissions.
- Click the device name.
- Enter the code that appears on the mobile screen.
- Once your mobile phone and TV are connected, access the menu.
- Click on the «touchpad» and the mode will be activated.
How can we confirm that the link was successful?
To confirm that the remote control has been paired correctly, just wait for your TV to install the applications you have selected on your mobile. Then the message will appear on the screen «Hello! Your Google TV Chromecast is now ready». If you want to access the home screen, just tap «Start browsing».
On the other hand, if you want, you can install and watch Amazon Prime Video content on your Chromecast.
How do I pause and play remotely on a Chromecast?
With HDMI-CEC, it allows your Chromecast TV to send playback where they can be to pause, play, rewind, stop, or fast forward. Which allows the use of the TV remote control. Just like any other connected device. It even worked for Blu-Ray players or set-top boxes.
If HDMI-CEC is already activated, so is your TV. supports correct CEC functions, this should «work», although you may never have tried it. Instead of looking for your mobile phone or taking a break from your computer, you can do it by remote control, whether it is universal or not.