Like mobile phones and desktops, Chromebooks come in different designs and / or models. This means that the specifications often tend to be slightly different.
But how can I know the specifications of a Chromebook? The answer will surprise you and we will tell you everything here. But before you get started, we recommend that you learn more about the Windows 10 task manager, as it will be very useful later.
To know the specifications of a Chromebook Levono or any other model, simply follow these steps:
- You need to run the Chrome browser on your device.
- Now, in the search bar at the top, you need to type the following: chrome: // system.
- When you type it and press Enter, you’ll notice that your browser shows you detailed information about your Chromebook.
It is important to note that the list of information is quite long and complete. It is generally implemented for Linux developers and technicians who need this information at certain times. So, if you don’t know what information you’re looking for, don’t be overwhelmed by the amount of information this search throws at you.
Use the task manager to view RAM, CPU, and network usage
If you don’t want to opt for the previous option and prefer something more popular, you have the option to Task management. This in itself does not allow you to remove programs that have been frozen or stopped working, but you can also close processes and applications in the background, without neglecting the fact that it allows you to know the specifications of your computer components.
In fact, the task manager can be very useful when the Chromebook does not start and displays a black screen. So, the steps you need to follow to open this Windows program are:
- Place your mouse cursor over the Windows taskbar
- With the right click you will select a free space
- It will display a menu of options, depending on the configuration and open programs you have, the options will change slightly.
- Find the option that says Task management
- Once you select it, the task manager will be activated in a small window.
- Now you need to locate the Performance tab and select it
- You will notice that on the left there is information about CPU, hard drive, RAM, Ethernet and other options.
- By selecting each of them, it will give you current information about it plus some the specifications at the bottom of the diagrams.
Another alternative you can rely on is the system symbol. This is clear as long as you have Windows installed and running on a Chromebook, which is most common. If you have, you need to do the following:
- Press the Windows key combination + R
- When a pop-up window appears, you will type the following: dxdiag
- Press Enter and say yes to the information window that appears
- When you do, a window will open like the image you see below this text.
Thanks to this method, you will be able to know more accurately who each of them are computer or Chromebook specifications. Keep in mind that thanks to this alternative, you will know not only the general specifications, but also the screen, sound, video card and network cards that you have integrated.
The best Chrome Web Store apps to check your system information
Assuming that the alternatives mentioned are not viable, you can choose one of these options:
A fairly easy to use application, developed exactly for what you need. When you install it, it will collect all the information and show it to you according to your needs.
Using the «System»
Another recommended alternative that you can use at any time to see the detailed specifications of your device. Although it is recommended, we suggest that you opt for alternative methods, as installing an application just for this involves a spending on resources and space used.
How can you check the available storage space?
Assuming you have reasons to look at your computer’s storage space, and generally do one of two things:
On your computer, do the following:
- Open the file explorer
- Now go to the left panel that shows you and choose my team
- At the click, it should show you no overview of internal storage or the ones you installed.
If you want something even more specific, right-click on one of the internal storage and access its properties. In the General tab, all the information you are looking for should appear.
The one on Google Drive
If you have a Google Drive account, you need to open the app or go directly to the web version for computers. In the left panel, under all general options should appear your storage informationIn fact, here you will notice how much space you used and how much was left available.
Where can I see the details of the internet connection?
Your connection details can be found by opening the task manager and then choosing the Performance option. Go to the options on your left and select Ethernet. It will display real-time information about your internet connection, plus a graph of its behavior.