Between browsers the most used in the world is Firefox, This browser is used by people to search for different information, to publish information, as well as to upload videos. There are times when this browser does not open or crash, this problem is very alarming, but do not worry, it has different solutions, you just have to see the next article where we will point them out.
It is often worrying that your browser does not open, this is presented for various reasons, such as the fact that your Firefox browser has internal problems or also your PC may be responsible for this issue, because it has many windows open, this browser does not allow you to enter it.
If you have many windows open, we recommend that you close some of them so that you can enter the Firefox browser. If this method didn’t work for you, you can restart, reinstall, or clear the virtual cache To do this, you need to follow the steps in the following browser:
To restart it
- Press the keyss Ctrl + Alt + Delete if you are using the Windows operating system, for Mac, Option + Command + Esc.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Search for Firefox and press the finishing process.
- Enter Firefox and voila, you will be able to enter Firefox again.
To reinstall it
- Uninstall the Firefox browser by accessing the Windows menu and, press the uninstall option.
- Then search for the Firefox browser on the website and download it from its official page.
To clear the virtual cache
Some of the software used by the internet for its security can prevent Firefox from opening, this happens after Firefox updates, especially when you close a tool that It’s called virtual browsing.
To fix this problem you need to look for the virtualization settings of the tool and then you need to clear its virtual cache, which is to go to the Internet security application support site, so that you can learn how to clear or clear the virtual cache.
Can I delete the old Firefox data folder?
All the movements you make in Firefox, such as the pages you use, the downloads you make, the passwords and bookmarks you save are are stored in a folder called history, This folder can be deleted, just follow the steps below:
- Click the catalog icon in the upper left of the Firefox browser.
- Click the history option,
- Now click on delete history and then on the time interval select the time you want the history to be deleted.
- Click the appropriate boxes for the information you want to delete from your history.
- Then click the Delete option now to delete all the information you have selected.
Can I completely reset Firefox?
Often some Firefox extensions and settings make this browser not work very well, so you need to reset this program. This is very simple, you just need to follow the steps, these steps will depend on the operating system you are using.
To reset your Firefox browser on a MacOS operating system, you need to follow these steps:
- Click the three horizontal stripes icon in the upper right of the browser.
- The previous action will open a catalog where you need to click the Help option.
- In the menu that was opened for you Click the Troubleshooting option.
- After performing the above action, a new page will open where there is information about Firefox
- To restore Firefox you need to click on the Reset Firefox option
- To confirm the action you must press Reset the Firefox option.
- You will be shown a window with all the items you have saved so far, now you need to click on the Finish option and your browser will start as new.
At the end of the process, you will find a new folder on the desktop, which contains all the data you have saved in Firefox, ie a backup. To restore them you need to go to the help section and do so Click Firefox Troubleshooting, now you need to click Open Folder, copy the old files and paste them in this new folder.
If I have windows
For reset the Firefox browser in Windows you need to follow the next steps;
- Click the catalog icon at the top right of your Firefox browser
- Select the Help options from the new menu that appears, and then click Troubleshoot.
- For restore the program to the new page which was opened for you, click the Reset Firefox option
- To confirm this action, click Reset Firefox, and then click Finish to start the browser again.
Safe mode of the Firefox browser in a troubleshooting mode disabling various plugins and extensions. This safe mode can be turned off, just follow these steps:
- Click the three horizontal bars icon.
- Then click on the exit option, ready, you can use Firefox normally without safe mode.
What should I do to restart Firefox in Windows 10?
- Open the Firefox browser
- Click the three horizontal bars icon
- Click on the option Problem solving Of information
- Click restart Firefox and now click Confirm Decision
- When the Apparent Importance option appears, press finish.
- Open your browser and click the option to run as administrator
How do I fix Firefox if it uses a lot of memory?
Many times The Firefox browser consumes a lot of memory therefore, we recommend the following options to resolve this issue.
Update your browser
Update your Firefox browser, as the newer versions of that browser consume less memory, so you can go to the next website to download it.
Disable or delete extensions
Many of the extensions you have in your browser consume a lot of memory without doing anything. These extensions that use too much memory can be disabled or deleted just type about: addons in the address bar.
Use the keyboard For this, and if your computer keys are unconfigured, you have the option to fix, adjust, and reassign them. Then click on the option disable very heavy extensions which you don’t use, you’ll eventually have to restart Firefox.