Just like your computer stores information to make the process easier, cache, is a way to protect your data, not in a complete way, as any type of storage device would do on your computer, but to subtly generate a copy of the most remarkable data to facilitate its performance on your computer or mobile.
There is a classification Regarding types of memories, find the disk cache, trace memory, and finally web memory.
Compared to the latter, it is the one that all browsers have, have you ever wondered why once you enter a site and the entry is easier on consecutive occasions? Well, that’s why it’s your browser. Chrome or Firefox have a space for this use, stores data such as images or, in general, data that will not change when you decide to reinsert this memory.
This data, when limited, starts to be part of the memory in a way, it can take up the storage space you need, it can also be the reason why other web pages need time to open. Therefore, if you need increase the browser cache, we will tell you how to do this.
It is important to have one differentiation between cookies and cache, the first are all those registrations that the website makes on its own, generally following a user’s browsing preferences, as long as their session remains active.
While the second makes it easier to load pages with protects the main elements and invariably. There is a simple process to remove them, it will only depend on the type of browser you are using.
What are the steps to clear the cache?
If we talk about web caching, all browsers have a configuration section, in it you will be able to see for sure the option related to cache and storage settings, will give you the option to clean them. You need to keep in mind that the best browsers can provide you with services a little faster to do this.
Even if you’re using a smartphone, the same apps in the setup allow you the option to clear your cache, if you’re using a computer to browse and need to free up memory, Do not worry it’s fast and easy.
If I use Chrome
The most downloaded browser of the year, if you want to clear the cache, let us tell you that it is one of the its features and advantages, to do this you need to do the following:
- Once in the browser, access the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Click the option for more tools.
- In the remarkable box, search Delete browsing history.
- Select the one that corresponds to the cache files.
And select delete.
If I use Firefox
Firefox is one of the most used browsers for recognized speed, to clear the cache of this browser follow these steps:
- In the top headband (where the tabs are), locate the three vertical lines icon.
- Once the list of options is displayed, select the one corresponding to the settings.
- On the new screen, you should go for privacy and security (He has a padlock next to him).
- Scroll down to where it writes cookies and site data, there will appear is the space it currently occupies.
- Choose where to delete the data.
- Uncheck the cookie option.
- Gives the option to clean and ready.
How to move the cache to RAM so that it does not suffer from problems?
This option in terms of browsers, will allow fluidity in terms of browsing the Internet. How does it work? Simple, allocate some of the RAM as storage from this browsing data, both Chrome and Firefox have their own processes to do this successfully.
If you’re using the Chrome browser: Before you make any changes, make sure your session is closed:
- Right click on this browser icon.
- In the list, go to properties.
- In the new window, go to where it says destination and add the following code at the end: -disk-cache-dir = «R: cache»
- Accept and you can enjoy a speed It grew without cache issues.
If your browser is Firefox, we also offer a way to do this:
- Go to the web address bar and put: config
- Find a blank space on the page you just opened and press the button on the right.
- In the new tab put: browser.cache.disk.parent_directory
- Press Enter and another tab will open, in which you need to put the new address of the folder that will store the data.
- Be careful after closing the tabs and restart the browser.
Why should I reduce RAM consumption?
Whether your computer is for recreational, professional, or educational use, it’s important to know your RAM capacity. properties that you can know exactly, so you will know what kind of programs you can install or the activities you can develop.
It is an easy way to perform jobs, because storing some data can simplify all the others. Many file types can take up your memoryThere are also unwanted files, learn how to remove them from Windows and thus reduce their consumption.
RAM consumption will affect the speed with which your computer responds to certain commands, in general, here we are not just talking about browsers, but about any program you have installed. But if you exceed this limit, the most likely thing that happens is that you will not be able to run programs. And if you use the storage drive, all processes will be just as slow, so it is not a solution.
What are the steps for configuring the cache?
Going back to the browser plan, several of them give you the opportunity set your defaultIn some cases, you can even clear the cache every time you log out or close the search engine, a really practical and very useful idea. You don’t have to worry about your web cache being a relief for many.
This cache configuration action will not be irreversible if you want to focus on deleting you can make other items, browsers give you their list of items to choose what you want to remove.
If I have Chrome
After deleting your browsing data, when the delete data box appears, check that the only box assigned is that of files and cache images and offers the option to delete. That’s if you want to do it in a practical and simple way.
If I use Firefox
If Firefox is the default, you need to configure the cache and get rid of it daily the procedure is like clearing your cache. Once you are confidential and secure, do the following:
- Scroll down to the history section.
- Expand the tab and select a custom setting.
- Look for the one that indicates that your history will be deleted when you close the browser
- After locating the settings to clear the history, check the cache section.
- Accept it and you will already have your browser configured.
Cache limitation options are currently something that many users are complaining about, but if you want to know how you can limit this, we would like to inform you that through your browser properties, changing the file path by placing: – disk-cache-size = 1073741824 (the amount will depend on how much you want to save) and make the necessary changes.