Although it is true that Windows offers a high level of customization, it is common for problems uninstalling a program of this system.
The good news is that there are several ways and methods you can use to permanently remove a program from Windows. Therefore, we will teach you how to uninstall Avast Secure from Windows 10 because, after all, there are better web browsers than this.
The correct way to disable Avast Secure Browser in Windows 10
As such, you cannot disable Avast Secure Browser in Windows 10. So your only option is to uninstall it completely from the system as follows:
- You need to make sure you have connected to Windows with a user which has the permissions of an administrator.
- Check that there are no applications that affect the uninstallation of this program, such as an antivirus
- Then go there Windows applications and features
- Find the program to uninstall and you’re done.
If you are asked for permission to disable or delete this software, you will select yes. Remember that if not delete data from the program, they will be stored on your computer taking up unnecessary space.
Here are the ways to remove Avast Secure Browser in Windows 10
As you well know, there are different ways you can remove a program. In fact, there are third-party programs that allow you to do this delete multiple applications at once just like Android. Thus, the most popular methods in Windows are the following:
Using the uninstall tool
The uninstall tool It’s basically the one I told you about a moment ago. But to explain step by step how you should do it, you need to:
- Run Applications and application features (Check that the Applications and Features feature is turned on).
- Now select the program to remove, it will activate the uninstall option.
- A box will appear asking you a question. Select yes
- Then delete all browsing data if you do not install the browser on your computer again.
- Wait for the process to complete and check on the local disk that folder where the program was installed At the beginning.
Through the Start menu
You can do this through the Start menu, and for this you need to do the following:
- Select Windows desktop icon or press the Windows key on the keyboard
- You will now select the All Programs option
- Search for the application name and select it. It will display a menu of options for that application.
- Find and select the Unistall option
- When you run it, it will start the same uninstall process
- Just follow the same procedure as in the previous method in step 3.
Alternative method to uninstall Avast Secure Browser
There is an alternative method that saves you from having to search for files and the options already mentioned. This works with the shortcut icon you have on your desktop, as well as the Start menu. Pretty much that:
- Right-click the icon and look for Open location folder
- A window will open with a wide variety of files and folders
- You’re going to the busmachine exactly the file called Unistall
- When you locate it, run that file
- The uninstall process will start automatically.
This is a safe, easy and practical method when you rush to remove any program from your computer. So yes, it works with both Avast Secure Browser, how to uninstall OpenOffice in Windows 10 and earlier.
What should I do if I am not allowed to uninstall Avast Secure Browser in Windows 10?
As such, we are unable to provide you with an exact solution to this issue, as it will depend on the status and situation of your operating system. Generally, this type of error occurs due to a malfunction of the system, the fact that the computer is infected with a computer virus, that the files are corrupt, or that you accidentally deleted it. the files needed to uninstall the program.
For this reason, we can recommend the following:
- Check your computer for viruses and malware
- Which you have permissions required for uninstallation a Windows 10 program
- That all the files in the folder where the program was installed are complete
- Enter safe mode and from there, delete the program
If you still can’t uninstall the program, you’ll have no choice but to use it third party programs to be able to remove it of your system. Keep in mind that there is a possibility that the program may be corrupted, and despite using the software, it will be difficult to do so. So, as a last resort, consider formatting your computer.
This will prevent the Avast Secure browser from opening
The main thing is to check if the configuration is not in autostart mode. To do this, you need to enter the application and, among its options, look for an option that allows you to disable start automatically when Windows starts (This feature is supported by most programs).
Doing this is simple and you should:
- Access program settings
- Scroll until you find the Start option
- Select it and uncheck the option start the Avast Secure Browser automatically.
If the problem persists, remove the program and reinstall it from scratch. If the fault continues to occur, it is advisable to change the program for one that does not present this type of inconvenience.